We're halfway through The Big List! An update

We’re halfway through the Big List! So we wanted to share an update:

11 Likes

This is the one, I’m most “excited” for (if that really is the right word to use!):

Will make the headaches of when work decide to pay my a bit later than expected and it falls after direct debit time, yes I know I should put them on a different date, I just like my money to be out of reach as quick as possible if it#s for bills! :smiley:

5 Likes

Well done!

I’d argue that international payments shouldn’t be ticked as it’s not yet enabled for all customers, and is very much an unfinished product at the moment.

5 Likes

Hi @tristan - It’s looking good!

Question on the payee management… Is there going to be anything else to it? Redesigned UI? Ability to add payees without having to send a payment?

Or will it simply be “store a reference to existing payees”?

3 Likes

great to see it’s on track :clap:

I notice it doesn’t mention adding notes on standing orders, FPS or P2P payments, although you can add receipts.
Will this funcionality be added in the future?

Also will the ability to add receipts to Direct Credits etc be a possibility? It would be nice to upload my paycheck to my salary payment.

3 Likes

“Pay by fingerprint on Android” is done isn’t it?

Payee management big one for me. Will we get more stuff then references and saved payees.

1 Like

I think this needs significant improvements - Doesn’t work if payday is different due to a weekend or if someone is getting paid weekly/4 weekly.
Would have been good to see this as a detailed card like the one for recurring payments.

CP

23 Likes

Definitely an achievement worth celebrating! Well done to the team.
Looking forward to the upcoming features, especially joint accounts (or pots for them anyway) :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for joint accounts before switching to Monzo (I won’t use a personal account) but I’m wondering how this will be implemented. Will I have to open a personal account first (and will my wife need to as well) or will we be able to jump straight to the joint account? Anybody have any idea?

I loved that regular payments to pots were added. Much requested but not on the big list!

Delighted it came, but barely been celebrated. Loads of us were desperate for this!

3 Likes

I am one of those who are already testing joint Accounts so these will be available soon - A sole account was required for joint account signup so I Initially I believe Monzo would require both users to already have an individual account. This might change in future though.

You can follow this thread Feedback: Joint Account testing

2 Likes

We don’t have it on iOS yet… well I haven’t anyway…

1 Like

I think I read somewhere a couple of days ago iOS should have it in a couple of weeks.

The definition of what counts as done in this list looks like it was defined by someone in a marketing function :laughing:

6 Likes

Agreed. As someone that gets paid weekly, I think marking this as “Done” is a bit iffy.

1 Like

I get paid on the last working day of the month so the end date is never right for me. I agree it still needs tweaking.

6 Likes

This is so not done!

11 Likes

This should not be marked as ‘done’ by any stretch of the imagination!

The whole Summary project feels very odd and un-Monzo in the way it’s been handled and such half-baked functionality released.

3 Likes

Hmm, agree it’s not implemented with fantastic function… but disagree that it’s not very :monzo:, and that’s in a good way…

Launch an MVP or a bit better watch how it takes and develop from there.

That’s how the best functionality we come to expect arrives…?

2 Likes