We're adding two new fees, which only affect a minority of customers

Apparently it is, but it means you’re the one doing the fraud

7 Likes

So is this statement true “”Because I’m a plus member I WILL NOT get any fees?””

1 Like

No. That’s not correct and the article makes it clear.

10 Likes

Did you read the article?

5 Likes

I wonder how many of the replacement cards that weren’t strictly necessary are from people who where ordering new cards because they aren’t the right shade of pink, or because they didn’t say investor on the plus cards (or other vanity reason) or even because the envelope was “damaged” on arrival…

Edit: I assume the last one wouldn’t incur a charge

2 Likes

No

You get £400 before 3% ATM fees with plus but £200 without plus outside

No fee UK with £250 and then % without

2 cards before fee with plus

Edited as I missed the uk bit out

for Cash withdrawals outside the EEA

1 Like

Here you go:

If you meet the criteria we outlined above If you don’t meet the criteria we outlined above
Cash withdrawals in the UK and EEA No fee No fee up to £250,
3% after that
Cash withdrawals outside the EEA If you don’t have Monzo Plus

No fee up to £200,
3% after that

If you do have Monzo Plus

No fee up to £400,
3% after that
If you don’t have Monzo Plus

No fee up to £200,
3% after that

If you do have Monzo Plus

No fee up to £400,
3% after that
Card replacements per year, per account Two free card replacements in the UK, £5 per replacement after that (unless you’re a victim of fraud or theft, or when it expires) £5 per replacement in the UK (unless you’re a victim of fraud or theft, or when it expires)
9 Likes

This was ridiculous.

I’m not sure this has ever happened? Last investment round Monzo encouraged investors to order a new card so they had the Investor tag.

Getting a replacement because of a security issue is fair. Would you continue to use a card when you know your postie may have written down all of the details?

1 Like

Yeah, tried to simplify it but missed a chunk out

1 Like

I did, but a bit too quickly! :blush:
A second re-read makes it much clearer

1 Like

Yes but it’s confusing to me anyway

I use Monzo as my only bank account also don’t meet the criteria

1 Like

@Ordog has tried to make it easier by publishing the whole table :grin:

3 Likes

Absolutely not… hence my edit :slight_smile:

I bet it is broadly also the same people who cause Monzo losses. I don’t see why people who cause losses should be welcome - they aren’t in my business. Of course, it is not a perfect science.

Adding fees like this is much nicer than an email saying ‘you cause us a loss, so you are not welcome to be our customer’. It is a nudge nudge approach.

14 Likes

Main bank account but don’t do this: ?? :man_shrugging:

Paying in at least £500 every 35 days to a Monzo account and have at least one active Direct Debit on that same account,

5 Likes

What about people who are on careers and don’t get universal credit and only earning £67 a week?!
I don’t wanna be paying fees or sadly I’ll be leaving

4 Likes

Are you likely to take out more than £250 in cash with a small income?

4 Likes

I’m young. I don’t need any direct debits and I don’t earn £500 a month, although I have over this

8 Likes

but you won’t be paying fees unless you constantly are losing your card or withdrawing lots of cash :man_shrugging:

2 Likes