We're adding two new fees, which only affect a minority of customers

Are they likely to take all their careers allowance out in cash to hit the £250 limit?

1 Like

What fees do you think you would be paying? You wouldn’t be taking out large amounts of cash anyway, right? Just look after your card and all is good.

3 Likes

If you’re only earning £67 per week you won’t be incurring charges for withdrawing unless you are using an overdraft as by my maths you don’t have more than £250 in the account (well you do but only £7)

1 Like

how when you are getting less than £500 a month?

Some of the things I need forces me to take out cash. I’m taking out a minimum of £600 a month

Oh I agree with that for sure. I suspect with a new CEO and marketing manager will come a new strapline.

4 Likes

Then this change is nothing new to you then if you’re taking out that much cash a month.

I got my money another way from a accident. So that’s been sat there in the account

?

7 Likes

But you must be paying in over £500 a month for that to happen? So changes won’t effect you.

4 Likes

How? You said you’re only paid £67 a week

2 Likes

Thanks, that was making me seriously question my maths skills :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Technically they are a minority, the other 3.5 million customers are the majority

10 Likes

But my old banks didn’t charge me 3%

That’s at least £18 each time and being a student aswell it’s alot

1 Like

You get a student loan or bursary?

I’ve got savings. That I withdraw.

2 Likes

Nope nothing. I don’t qualify

If the charges will genuinely impact you because you have little money coming in but are withdrawing a lot, then I think you would have to question if Monzo is the right bank for you. Monzo is largely cashless, I can’t imagine withdrawing a MINIMUM of £600 a month without having an alternative of sending bank transfers or using my card.

15 Likes

Sounds like you’re in the minority based on Monzos data.

So you have two options:

• Evaluate who and why these people need paying £600 a month in cash and if you can pay in more secure ways
  • Switch to using a different bank

As harsh as it sounds I can’t see any other option unless Monzo change their criteria to be based on how much savings you have with them.

6 Likes

If youre paying in £500 from your savings account on average each month (which im guessing you have to to be able to take out £600) then you would pass the requirements.

If you have a direct debit then thats you sorted.

1 Like