We’re experiencing problems with some bank transfers (Update : Issue Resolved)

That’s why I posted the screenshot so it helps work out why some were seeing it and others weren’t :slight_smile:

Glad we got to the bottom of it and as others mentioned, this is sadly one of the downsides of being involved with beta stuff. You never know what to expect :cry:

1 Like

In app status notifications are definitely not working on the new iOS version although it is now in the help tab.

Imagine is they could push out a text message to explain outages… :sweat_smile:

So, I’m unsure… Say for example I was expecting my pay today and the payment failed; would it have to be resent to me by my employer or would it have been delayed and paid in after the issues were later fixed?

They’ve said all delayed transfers have been processed so if you haven’t had it then you’d need your employer to resend it as it will have been returned.

Hi everyone :wave:

We’ve just shared an update that bank transfers should be back to normal now, and we’re keeping a close eye on the situation.

Thanks for bearing with us during this one. We’ll be making sure that nobody is left out of pocket as a result of the issues.

3 Likes

I was speaking hypothetically; our HR onsite is not great and has no access to payroll. I doubt offsite would be able to help as quickly as I’d like. I find this pretty scary and am strongly considering moving my payroll over to another provider.

Imagine if smartphones had the ability to push notifications to users without them having to go into the app to see if something is wrong :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I would like to imagine payroll systems would alert on failed payments or retry automatically after a certain time period.
It makes sense to me but I guess it’s not always like that in practice…

From my understanding most people are paid via BACS in the uk, so this outage wouldn’t have effected all salary payments.

3 Likes

I am, I’m assuming this is a different method than what failed today?

Don’t talk such blasphemy! I may have to get my pitchfork! :sweat_smile: :rofl:

Yes, from my understanding BACS is totally separate and wouldn’t have been impacted by today’s FPS outage. But I’m sure someone from monzo can clarify.

2 Likes

Perfect, that’s good to know and has settled my worries. Thanks @Jackcrwhitney :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yup, Bacs (which powers Direct Debits and Direct Credits) is daily batch file based and is a completely different service to Faster Payments. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thom - how would you have control over who handles your payroll?

Well, where payroll sends my salary. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sooooo what was the issue?

1 Like

To be fair though, this can happen to any bank. It happened in January to the Lloyds group and could happen in another 5 months to a different bank - and seemingly fixed over the course of 8 hours.

Seems like monzo were all over a response.

The last time they had an issue with payments in/out was in December 2018 and it took 7 minutes to resolve.

Hopefully it’s fixed for good now, but looking forward to the write up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What is this Merge Payees thing? :eyes:

For us awesome Andriod people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh, you mean simply redirecting your salary to a different bank?

I misunderstood your use of “payroll”. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes