Viola Black Discussion

I thought that was their other product?

That isn’t Viola Black is it?

I think it is the normal one, they have two so far

My understanding (well, I’m not sure you can call it an understanding considering the current information available), was that Viola Black was a whole new product, with a whole new website and app (the former of the two is live, but the app still seems to be MIA).

I can’t imagine why they’d ask you to “search for Viola Black” if they weren’t going to call the app that.

1 Like

Viola Black is a whole new product they have like ten or so others as well…

I’m waiting for them to release Viola Violet, just for the alliterative value, if nothing else.

3 Likes

Clearly the need your marketing input, there is a purplish card but unfortunately it is named as viola Exchange

1 Like

What a wasted opportunity!!

1 Like

Viola violet vertical virtual :thinking:

2 Likes

I am waiting for the Hot Viola card that is one shade from Hot Coral, the strapline would be:

Monzo moved over coz we are bigger, so big we took their colour as well as their customers

5 Likes

You mean, they claim to have other products, but I’ve seen no proof of that…

On their website there’s the claim that the Viola Black app will be available within 48h… but given how dodgy the site is, I don’t have great expectation of the app…

Our brand new app will be ready to download within the next 48 hours. In the meantime, please sign up for your Viola Black account using the registration link below. We can then complete your registration and send your card out to you as soon as possible.

:joy:

They have an interesting balance sheet on companies house

I was just out and heard a closing jingle:

get your finances on track with Viola Black

I didn’t catch the main body of the ad. Could there have been a Monzo mention?

Why do I keep thinking of these guys?

13 Likes

This is hilarious. I really hope the founders of Viola are discussing privately how quickly they can remove all advertising from London before their company goes into a dire state :joy:

They have an arena named after them too…
https://twitter.com/TheViolaArena

Baffling. I saw an ad on the tube yesterday, and decided to take a look. It feels like it’s aimed at taking advantage of unsophisticated people :flushed: who are unlikely to understand their pricing structure, but may be reassured by the fact that they say they’re clear about the fact they charge you (in contrast to some legacy banks in the past). Or potentially at people who think they may not be able to get an account elsewhere.

They state on their homepage that they charge you, but refrain from saying how much until you dig further into their site. Even their pricing page shows no details, and it’s only in their FAQ that there’s any information available. They appear to have errors all over their site (see below), and there are additional intermittent errors while loading some pages. Not a very professional job so far, in my humble opinion.

I’m curious to see what happens next :exploding_head:

1 Like

Looks like they’ve not even developed their own website themselves… Not what I’d want to see from a supposed “Monzo killer”.

The memeness is happening (see thread)

7 Likes

Brilliant :rofl:
For those who don’t clearly spot it - the layer the card is on is behind that for the bezel of the phone! Glad to see their graphic designer is almost as good as their marketing department - then again marketing would have had to approve it (you’d hope) so it’s all on them anyway.

Beginning to think we should rename this thread to:

Why to be wary of Viola Black

:stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently there’s audio ads running on Capital Radio, which mention us in the audio advert too?

7 Likes