Viola Black Discussion

img_20181227_130107

Spotted on the tube, apparently.

Thoughts?

12 Likes

We discussed it quite a bit on slack :smile:

1 Like

Brash

Is the advert a bit premature? I’ve just searched “Viola Black” on Google Play and can’t find it.

7 Likes

Same here

Not a fan of it but I’m not sure anything should be done - if action would be taken it would probably reflect bad on Monzo more than anything else - they’ll be able to twist it around on social media about being “censored” and Monzo being “jealous”.

In any case it doesn’t even make any good points as to why it’s better than Monzo.

IMO just leave it be and people will forget about that knockoff card the second the ad expires. :joy:

8 Likes

Looks like vanquis bank meets sony vaio logo aha.

Money management app that aint no bank.

Ouch look at these costs:

19 Likes

But searching Viola Black on Google and the play store shows nothing

3 Likes

Not sure why Monzo should “move over” in this case - the fee structure is as legacy as it gets… in fact it’s worse than legacy, seems like one of those scammy travel prepaid cards designed to sound like a good deal to unsuspecting travelers but actually it’s worse than just paying your legacy bank fees. :joy:

Someone should print that pricing page and stick it over the ad with a bit “SCAM” overlay on top. :smiling_imp::joy:

3 Likes

https://www.violacard.com/index.php is what i thought, logo matches at least!

New campaign idea encouraging CASS : #moveoverTOmonzo :joy:

22 Likes

Maybe it does exist. But searching “Viola Black” yields nothing. What a waste of advertising!

4 Likes

But it seems the ad is definitely premature as the app store links don’t link to the relevant pages yet

1 Like

maybe just start an ad campaign with #coralisthenewblack

14 Likes

I just don’t see the point of a prepaid card in 2018 (and soon 2019) when you have actual banks like Monzo and Starling offering the same (or in this case similarly better).

7 Likes

ÂŁ4 a month fee
Edit: Seems their meta description has ÂŁ5 still lingering

2 Likes

From what I can see Monzo should be telling them to move over!

2 Likes

erms more security? this means less surely, no protection of your funds :wink:

6 Likes

Yep, not only is a search on Google Play fruitless, but they have also failed to make Google search results front page, from either SEO or paid ads.

2 Likes

Thank them for the free advertising. Anyone who sees it will think “hmm I’ll see what Monzo is as well”

17 Likes