Viola Black Discussion

“There’s only one thing worse than being talked about…”

1 Like

I wonder if Viola Google themselves and if they do are they reading this, if they are they should join up so we can tell the how much we love what they are doing.

2 Likes

Looks like they’re using wordpress? There isn’t really anything to me that stands out as it’d need updating? I mean maybe the FAQs but these days you can always use a static site generator e.g. Gatsby or Hugo and re-deploy pretty quickly…

1 Like

That’s what I heard earlier! I only caught the closing jingle though.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Monzo - 2019 - Will it Thrive or Fail?

They’re using PHP with display errors enabled in production?!?!? Their web admin needs to be shot. Or at least exiled.

Also, WordPress. Ha. It’s a mostly static site, isn’t it? What’s wrong with some hand written HTML & CSS!

2 Likes

It’s been 48 hours like their website said, still no app. Monzo can stay where they are for now

Jesus christ. It’s really bad. I can’t even register, it’s giving my DOB an error saying ''Should be in the past".

Why are you even trying to sign up? :exploding_head:

I saw this today! Still no app… but under benefits on their website it says “Free payments abroad - It doesn’t matter where you are in the world or what you’re paying for; we let you pay in any currency without any fees.” and under fees it says " Fee for non-GBP ATM withdrawals £2.00 + 1.5% of withdrawal amount, ATM withdrawal in the currency of the card( NOTE : ATM providers may raise additional charges) £2.00, Mastercard conversion rate +3.05% ATM withdrawal in a currency other than the currency of the card ATM) which all sounds like significant fees!

It also says card fees include “ATM Withdrawal £2.90”!?!?! I guess this kind of wacky business model can get VC funding for dumb tube adverts without an app :slight_smile:

Also I love how this thread is the first relevant result when you google Viola Black after discovering they don’t exist in the app store.

3 Likes

Sorry but HAD to reformat the thread title. Getting a proper borked format every time the thread updated.

You might have to E-Mail Dear Leader CEO and see if you can do it.

apps out now

Where?

IMG_3665

1 Like

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viola.black&hl=en_GB in the google play store

1 Like

That’s not right. It’s always iOS first.

Fintech fail

7 Likes

Its about time then haha

Anyone planning to test it?

I’d begrudge wasting £4

Not at with them rates no chance

1 Like

Their registered address is very close to where I used to work :astonished:.

Maybe I should go work for them :joy: