URGENT - sent wrong bank transfer

Is it possible to show a message to say that there’s not check for the account name for this scenario? That way people can be extra careful.

1 Like

If you’re setting up a new payment you should still get the 1st screen which warns you, is this a scam, be careful etc etc. You’ve got to tick a box to say you understand and continue.

I was under the assumption that any it can’t check once you’ve got past the 1st screen and input the bank details it will throw up a warning to say it couldn’t verify the details and do you want to double check the details or continue

What does “onboarded with us” mean in this context?

Monzo are not white labeling their services are they? And each bank is responsible for its own CoP implementation - they don’t need to integrate with Monzo to support it.

Would it not be more in the spirit of the CoP scheme to throw up a warning that the destination bank does not support confirmation of payee and so you are unable to perform that check / display that information?

1 Like

It does this already, see the last screenshot on the blog

It actually works on mine. It brings up few checklist . Let me pop some images here as an example. ! It was pretty reassuring and amazing although back in home country - Malaysia this feature was there many years ago. :sweat_smile:image|231x500

4 Likes

Oh, so it would appear. I was just going on Dan’s comment of it “not showing you it” in concert with your comment saying that nothing came up when all matched to mean “not showing anything”, so that’s my bad in inferring something that wasn’t said, if that “This doesn’t work with this bank” screen is implemented! :slight_smile:

I don’t know very much about this, at all, but as I understand it each bank has its own API and we have our own and we have to onboard each other to link up.

That looks really good!

Just curious why you put it in as a personal account?

Just to show as an example - if it detects the errors correctly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.