Unlinked transactions

I’m currently in contact with Monzo support about this but they don’t seem to be able to fix it, so posting here to see if anyone else has had a similar issue. I have sent many transactions to my Marcus savings account over the past year or so, but not all of these appear as such in monzo. Below is one such transaction.

As you can see, it is not linked to anything and only locatable be category. It seems to be random for a few transactions.

As you can see in the above transactions, only two of the transactions are linked correctly.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Monzo support be like :man_shrugging:t2:

Yep, happened to me as well. An uninstall and reinstall sorted it.

Kinda silly that I have to reinstall my banking app so often (with all the faff that comes with).

2 Likes

:flushed: but there are almost three million customers, this all feels a bit… beta.

Oh yeah, that fixed it. They should really work on this so that you don’t have to do that :grimacing:

Thanks!

1 Like

This is so irritating and a massive bug. I see now that some transactions are in limbo once more. To use Monzo properly, you apparently have to reinstall the app weekly. This is so poor :weary:

I have heard from Monzo today that this is now recognised as a bug and that the engineering team have identified it and are working on a fix. I raised this as a formal complaint as it impacted Monzo’s core functionality (keeping tabs on your money) so hoping for an update soon on them fixing this :+1:

3 Likes

Just an update on this, it is still a major bug now and a critical flaw to Monzo’s function. I get a payment from someone every month on the first via BACS and went to check this this morning to check the date this first came into the account (would have been around Nov 2018). I tapped on the transaction that came in this morning to look at the others that should have been linked and there were only four transactions listed! I went back to the dates manually and saw that they were all there, but not linked to any payee or account that sent it. Just the transaction amount, date time and reference.

Hugely disappointing that Monzo have taken so long to tackle such a critical bug.