UK Local Elections 2021

Got my poll card today, get to vote in the village pub as they can’t open inside then so I guess be a polling station inside to make a little cash.

Police and Crime Comissioners in England and Wales are up for election. (Sorry Londoners)
Directly elected mayors if you live in a city and any councilors that need to be elected.
Devlolved Parlaments will have elections too on this day in Scotland and Wales.

Who do you plan on voting for
  • Conservatives
  • Labour
  • Lib Dem
  • SNP/Plaid
  • RefUK (Brexit Party)
  • Greens
  • Spoilt Ballot
  • Will not vote
    *Don’t Know

0 voters

Greater Manchester also don’t have one. In both cases the respective Mayors (either directly or indirectly) serve that role.

We do it’s on the 6th may

I’m in greater Manchester and I’ve always gotten one for local elections for over 7/8 years

1 Like

If you used for local elections the results of the 2019 election for where I live we would have a single party borough council.

Rural ex coal mining area for context.

1 Like

I think @teakitkeat was talking about Greater Manchester not having a Police Crime Commissioner, not about GM not having local elections.

4 Likes

Ahh the title was deceiving that’s where I got mixed up.

2 Likes

London has a mayoral election in May 2021

The Mayor of London is also the Police Commissioner so we are voting for one too.

I stated in my post about cities with directly elected mayors.

I’m going to be a polling clerk at the next local elections ,which I’m looking forward to! Slightly nervous for the 16 hour shift haha. Has anyone done this before- how did you find it?