It’s just a week I have my Monzo card and I came to know one very interesting fact… if you top up from an European account top-up gets processed manually.
Unfortunately no one will tell you that you have to chat with an operator specify the amount you transferred, the reference number and the name of who did the transaction… you just know when you contact them asking for informations.
But there’s more, in two days this is what happened:
- “you need to verify your identity” (9am)
- “ok you should see the top up by noon” (9.30am)
- “i’m sorry for the inconvenient, it will be available shortly” (8pm)
- “I’m sorry for the miscommunication, it should be on your account tomorrow by noon” (10pm)
- “I’m sorry but I cannot see the payment yet, I’ll search for it…” (second day 13.30pm)
This is just a resume of the conversations I had with 4 different operators in which they told me that the payments gets manually processed twice a day (that’s unbelievable), I had to write 3/4 times the same data about the payment (amount and reference number) and I’m still waiting to see my top in my card (during this two day the money is frozen somewhere I just don’t know)