Transaction not recognized button

(Alberto Lietor Santos) #1

One of the greatest things about Monzo is the instant notification about a transaction or card activity, such as a purchase, paypal activation or ATM interaction.
I think it could be great if inside the activity we can have a way to report we do not recognize this activity and report it immediately to Monzo.

(Alex Sherwood) #2

It sounds like you’re looking for this?

The button’s at the bottom of each transaction entry, once you tap into it, from the feed.

(Alberto Lietor Santos) #3

Oh, great!
I can’t see it, are you using the iOS app? I’m using Android. If this is the case I guess we’re going to get this functionality soon =D

(Alex Sherwood) #4

Ah, yes I am :see_no_evil:

I’m sure you will! :slight_smile: my guess is it’ll be added along with the merchant feedback item that’s on the roadmap, since that’s the other option in that menu.

In the meantime, if you have concerns about a transaction you can message the support team via the in-app chat feature - all that button does is open the chat anyway.

(Andy Little) #5

Don’t hold your breath. The merchant feedback item was moved to the 6 - 9 month back in January.
With the launch of the full bank expected this year I think they have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

(Alberto Lietor Santos) #6

Yes, it is fine, it is not an urgent feature and there are workarounds to notify this kind of issues.
Of course, the full bank it is a big milestone and all the effort is concentrated on it!