The Queen

:frowning_face:

3 Likes

She’s probably just tired, change of season a lot of people get sick when the weather changes and given her age it’s probably just hit her harder than others.

Seems she’s always having an article about medical supervision and she comes back stronger than ever!

2 Likes

On the one hand, can’t disagree about the weather.

On the other hand, all the senior royals going off to visit her, and the fact a statement was made, those are signs.

14 Likes

Indeed - I guess the next few days will be uncertain.

Whatever happens, she’s someone’s mum, a grandma and a person, so in that regard I wish her the very best and a smooth recovery.

5 Likes

This is a very interesting article

3 Likes

The palace very rarely provide statements about the Queen’s health, on the occasions they do, it’s because there’s a cause for concern over her condition. This coupled with the fact senior royals are making tracks to her, says it’s something bad. Of course that’s speculation for now, but it all adds up.

2 Likes

Indeed, but it won’t be “London Bridge” as she’s in Balmoral. Another interesting article, again from a few years ago:

3 Likes

They even interrupted BBC One for it; it’s not just a small update about her health.

BBC News presenter now in a black suit just with a blue tie. I could be reading into that though; just looks like a simple tie swap away from full black and might be intentional.

I’m actually quite sad; I have a great amount of respect for the Queen.

7 Likes

I heard it first when that Lindsey Hoyle bloke in parliament interrupted everyone in the energy crisis debate to provide an update. Then 5 mins later it’s all over the news

Huw Edwards is definitely in a more formal suit now than usual; so it’s not just a coincidence.

3 Likes

I’m very glad you work for a bank and not in healthcare :joy:

12 Likes

Whilst I’m sure there aren’t going to be notices ahead of time that she’s died, the BBC will definitely get a “She’s just a bit poorly” or “She’s unlikely to survive the day” type info.

Even the guy doing BSL is in a black shirt and black tie.

BBC suspended regular programming until 6PM.

1 Like

It’s been said at least 3/4 times now that essentially this is the beginning of the end. I’m hoping not, of course.

Have you seen the colour of her hands in the recent photo? Dark blue. That’s not a good sign.

1 Like

Harry and Megan are also on the way, kind of good timing in a way as they’re in the UK already.

2 Likes

Bless her, be so sad if she passes. I know everybody has their time but she’s such a cutie.

4 Likes

I suppose now would be as good a time as any to investigate all those streaming services I haven’t used yet if the TV is going to be wall to wall royal family.

4 Likes

Off you jog then, enjoy whatever it is you fall into

3 Likes

Is it so hard to believe that people who are old get tired easily?

1 Like

Absolutely not. But having your family gather with you doesn’t usually happen when you are ‘just tired’. It is clearly more serious than being tired. I am amazed I had to explain this.

16 Likes