The Monzo Roadmap

I guess so :thumbsup:

Image from @monzonauts on Twitter @monzonaut

3 Likes

Awesome. Hopefully, @tristan could change it? #Monzonauts

How about fingerprint support for android? That doesn’t appear to be in the road map.

2 Likes

+1 for that!

It would be fantastic as more and more Android phones seem to be supporting this feature :slight_smile:
Saves trying to remember yet another different secure password/pin :smiley:

1 Like

iOS app is already streets ahead of Android and these developments in the Roadmap are to enable Android users to catch up with iOS

If they were to continue focusing on iOS before Android has caught up it would just continue the existing disparity between the iOS app and Android app, ensuring Android users remain 2nd Class citizens in the Monzo world. Also Monzo have other things to focus on since getting the bank license, and plans for further fund raising. Hopefully when Monzo go to advance further with iOS it will be hand in hand with a great Android app that has finally caught up. But lets keep it that way and not let Android fall back again after catching up. Focus on all customers not just iOS ones.

1 Like

Entirely willing to be corrected here, but Monzo do have a dedicated iOS team, as well as dedicated Android team, AFAIK.

2 Likes

Thanks Ben for that info

1 Like

Personally, I would much rather the Android app gets brought up to the same level as iOS whilst everyone free on the team work toward getting the full banking license.

This coming from a 100% iOS user.

3 Likes

Both request money & bill splitting are iOS features & bill splitting is a pretty major one so I would have thought that’s enough to keep the iOS team busy for the next few months?

2 Likes

Don’t worry, we’re still going strong on iOS too! Request money and bill splitting are pretty vague and encompass a huge selection of upcoming features :slight_smile: I’ll find some time to split them out and be more detailed with a few sneak peeks…

5 Likes

Awesome news @tristan. I’m new to the forum, but love what is happening with Monzo.

Hey look, I can inline reply to my own comment :slight_smile:

Couple of suggestions

• could categories have a setting to enable overused or unused budget to rollover, e.g. To allow holiday budget to work on an annual basis (or simply assign an annual budget

• could you either create categories or have a few prebuilt user defined categories which can be relabelled

Great work otherwise though. I just also want to see the commitment to ethical banking - what is unsecured overdraft to private individuals btw?? Sounds like a euphemism!

To me that an overdraft not secured on property or an asset like a car and it for personal accpunts but not business accounts

I just got my card and used it for the first time, works fine transactions come up straight away and I like how it shows your spend history and category, road map looks interesting too.

Other things I like too see, multi currency wallet so you can hold money in dollars/euro/pound.

Send money/requesting to normal bank accounts/Paypal/Revolut would open it up a bit more.

Change pin within the app.

I like idea of list ATM you can use per country when arrive, maybe it gives you a break down of free ones and ones to avoid, be good to show MasterCard rate against other cards or banks.

Looking forward to the bank account too!

1 Like

Hi, shouldn’t the near and medium terms on the roadmap have some dates on it otherwise how do we know what they are relative to?

We’re looking at roughly 3 months work time for the near term but 3 months from what date?

All the times are relative to now :slight_smile: So 3 months from now, 6-9 months from now etc. And I’ll also quote from my original blog post in case it gets missed:

Please remember that this is not set in stone – our time and the facts on the ground change incredibly fast!

3 Likes

How useful is that though Tristan?

3 months doesn’t really mean anything if there’s no start point right? If an item has been on the near term list for 11 weeks how is it different to an item that was added yesterday if they are both 3 months “from today”?

Someone who notices at the time that an item was added to the near term 11 weeks ago would have a rough time-frame in mind when that item may be completed which would be a completely different time-frame compared to someone looking today for instance if they were both using the 3 months time-frame as a rough guide.

I realise none of these time-frames are set in stone and are rough guides only but wouldn’t a “Q1 2017” or “summer 2017” time-frame be more informative to people than a 3 months “from today” box which doesn’t really mean anything.

By clicking into the card, you can see when the card was moved to into the list

which is presumably the date 3 months before the time when Monzo thought that it would be delivered. However, since - as Tristan said - the time’s aren’t set in stone, I look at the roadmap as a relative guide…

So Bill Splitting will be released before the launch of the bank (& we knew the Request Money feature would be the first step towards Bill Splitting). Then you have a rough sense of the timescales, based on the lists.

My work involves a process that’s similar to product development so I know how hard it is to predict timescales when you’re building something from scratch (even if you’re an expert). I would imagine it’s even more difficult when you’re trying to build a bank, as well as the features that we’re seeing in the app!

3 Likes