The Current Account Switch Service (CASS)

Don’t have the link, but I seem to remember one of the Monzo people on this (or maybe another) thread suggesting that the timescales in the roadmap apply to full roll-out. So in the shorter term, there will be people able to use CASS, but it’s going to take 6-12 months for CASS to be available to all users

3 Likes

At least some parts of CASS are already live and working as a Monzo employee demonstrated on Twitter using it to switch from NatWest. But yes maybe they’re just not confident enough and not aware of all edge cases so they’re holding off for now.

Tom explained at the December event that the CASS on their side is just very manual at the moment and they are trying to get the processes automated

3 Likes

So I realise that CASS is not yet supported for switching to Monzo, but I’m curious: does anybody know if it’s possible to use CASS with a supported bank to switch from Monzo?

1 Like

No, if they aren’t part of the CASS scheme then switches in both directions wont work.

1 Like

But if it’s working internally (albeit very manually at the moment), doesn’t that indicate that they’ve integrated to some level? Would they have to have for staff to have used it? They just haven’t made it available widely yet…

1 Like

Surely this should be a priority. It will make it a lot easier, and more appealing for new customers who want to switch to Monzo. As well as for all the current users who are holding off on making Monzo their main account.

If CASS was currently available I would have switched already. But I have a quite a few direct debits etc that would take time to sort out, which I don’t really have. Surely it’s in the best interests of both customers and Monzo to get this up and running asap.

When I’ve asked for a timeline of when CASS can’t be expected no-one seems to be able to give me a timescale of when it will be coming.

What does everyone else think? Am I way off, or missing something?

1 Like

The current timeline for CASS is 3-6 months based on the roadmap, I suspect it would be sooner though and the roadmap is being updated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Monzo team have suggested that they will be updating their goals and objectives for 2018 by the end of this week.

We should get more of a clue of direction on the outstanding tasks then.

1 Like

Here it is:

2 Likes

Also, note that even though overdrafts are down as 3-6 months, there’s already a good number of people (thousands, I think) on the overdrafts preview, and I believe someone from Monzo has indicated that they would be following the same sort of process with CASS

1 Like

Yeah, I got that… the time scales on the blog post I think are max times… however Monzo are doing everything to bring things to us sooner if possible… it just gives them some riggle room…

This is the only thing stopping me from switching at the moment. Hoping it comes as quickly as possible.

1 Like

This is the number 1 feature I would like right now

Number 2 - Apple Pay
Number 3 - Custom images for Pots

4 Likes

This is precisely why I made Starling my main account when I decided to close my HSBC account. CASS is too good to be skipped, especially when you have loads of DDs set up like I do.

I believe that yesterday @Simonb said that CASS was ‘very soon’.

3 Likes

I did indeed :blush:

6 Likes

I hate the word soon. It’s so ambiguous :frowning: Whenever I hear it on the TV in regards to a program I want to watch, I want to throw something at it (the TV)…

Liam

1 Like

yep. sometimes a programme coming soon is in 3 days but other times a month and a half :wink:

1 Like

Now if you worked for Monzo @anon44204028 I’d have read something into that last comment! :wink:

2 Likes