The Apprentice

His torso is literally drawn the wrong way round…

2 Likes

I honestly thought the idea for the logo was a good one, and better than the chakras idea.
In my head I imagined like a yoga pose into a L’oreal hair flip which then transitions into a water/wave. And the person was green and the water was blue.
I think that would have looked great.

1 Like

The designer in these tasks is pretty much a robot. They’re instructed to use as little of their own design skill as possible and to just faithfully follow the instructions of the idiots- I mean, contestants.

I expect the designer knew full well he could have made it nicer, but because no-one was telling him to, he couldn’t. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had mentally checked out by that point also, it’s so tediously awful to have to do exactly what people are telling you to when you know they know nothing.

1 Like

They’re also given something like 10 minutes to complete this section of the task, So it’s very much get in, have a quick brainstorm, highlight some discussion and edit it to make it look like tension, get the logo down, and get out. Then they’re given the phone for maybe 90 seconds to update the other team.

And expected by Sugar to come out with a multi-million pound advertising campaign.

1 Like

What always blows my mind with the apprentice is that all these people run pretty successful businesses (some multiple) before even coming on the show :exploding_head:

I always find myself asking if these people can do it what possibilities are there if I had my own business.

Then my brain spends the entire series thinking about what I’d actually sell or do, but I can never lock onto anything :sob:

In fact I always ask people who have their own business how they decided to just start doing what they do.

I have a friend that suddenly decided to start selling kitchen appliances. God know why but he just quit his job one day, went ahead, did it and now does pretty well. I think I talk myself out of doing stuff. Like, where I’d source appliances cheap and there’s already too many businesses doing it etc.

4 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Another turd!

Tbh I’m close to switching off already. I totally disagree with Sugar on it all so far. I kinda get the turd issue but I thought the boys app was at least functional as a toothbrush app.

Also the girls just saying “we’ll change that” to everything defies the point of the task.

I’m still trying to think what a gender neutral wizard would look like…

3 Likes

PM (Aaron?) should have gone.

He created the turd and ignored all input to make changes.

He may have wanted gender neutral but he said “gender neutral but a man if there’s not time for both”

2 Likes

I think the girls’ product was once again more cohesive, but I disagree with the firing. Aaron should have definitely gone – the app was the only reason their product wasn’t a complete fail

2 Likes

A Crocodile wizard with lots of teeth to clean.

The PM should definitely have been fired. The best app in the world wasn’t going to sell that turd, the fact their character wasn’t gender neutral doesn’t change that.

1 Like

I also find it incredulous for Superdrug to even say they had isolated half of their customers. Superdrug is insanely gendered as a store, and I took a quick look and most children’s toothbrushes are very much gendered.

Rightly or wrongly a gendered app is actually quite normal.

2 Likes

Even children’s bubble bath is gendered. It’s Mr Matey for you if you’re a boy, girls get Molly Matey. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Just caught up. Wiffy, the brown and green toothbrush :joy:

Looking forward to what log shaped brown and green thing the boys will design next week

1 Like

When did they stop naming the teams in the first episode? I’m sure they used to do it at the beginning.

They definitely did because they used to spend longer arguing about that than anything else.

3 Likes

Like this, you mean?

2 Likes

I think they do the team name thing once the teams get mixed up and it’s no longer ‘boys’ vs ‘girls’?

I think so now but they definitely never used to.

Agreed.

One thing I miss is the episode ending on the exit taxi interview, with the return to the house at the start of the next episode, bookending the recap. For me, that flowed better.

1 Like