Ted Lasso talk (Apple TV)

Because polls are truth, here is a topic to talk about Ted Lasso.

Plot details in spoiler tags please because everyone watches at a different pace.

6 Likes

ted :heart:

5 Likes

I’ll repost the Brett Goldstein acceptance speech here as well then since @Peter_G has went ahead and made a Topic for us all to rant about how great this show is.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Very interesting watch! Adds fuel to the Roy Kent is CGI fire too.

1 Like

That’s excellent - I assumed most of the crowd shots were taken from real matches and just dropped in, which already felt like a lot of work.

We’ll this weeks was a rollercoaster

2 Likes

It certainly was

I wondered all series where Rupert was. But giving his shares away, the chat with Nath and the grin from him doesn’t bode well. I reckon that’s going to be the main focus of a devastating series cliff hanger

3 Likes

Loved season 1, dropped out after season 2, episode 3. Tell me it gets better again!

It does. Keep at it.

2 Likes

Sassy is by far my favourite character…. So funny

1 Like

This episode was a rollercoaster. How far they are taking Ted’s storyline is really deep.

I will say I thought the conversation at the beginning in their bedroom between keeley and Roy was just an advert for the new filming mode on iPhone 13 (as that convo at the end with keeley and Jamie tart sets up an interesting end to the season on that story line/ maybe obvious….

1 Like

Yep! Noticed that too.

Great episode. This show is deep. I wouldn’t call it a comedy at this point. It’s just a wholehearted feel good show of positivity and hits just the right balance of those rollercoaster emotions. It’s a very moving, human show, and I love it for that.

The only other show I’ve watched I would describe like this is Good Witch on Netflix. Very unique in that respect, though this one seems to actually connect and resonate with people. Perhaps because it’s so raw, down to earth, and genuine.

1 Like

Sassy is the friend everyone dreams of! What a legend!

1 Like

I read a review somewhere that an episode of Ted Lasso is like rolling around on the floor with a puppy.

2 Likes

I enjoyed todays ep, but feel like there’s a lot to happen in the finale to resolve all these storylines…

Also, I really thought Ted and Sharon were going to get together. I’m glad they didn’t though. I was also convinced he was the one texting Rebecca, and the reason he didn’t get with her friend last year was because he liked her. But I guess he’s still into his ex so it would be way too soon for him to move on.

Friday sorted

6 Likes

Oh Nate! :sob:

7 Likes

He’s been getting on my nerves all season. They turned him into an insufferable little prick and now he’s gone and hurt Ted.

Love the Twitter memes though

1 Like

Observations after binging four episodes in a row:

• Nates hair is getting progressively greyer as the season goes on.
  • The product placement in this show is terrible.
  • 'Roid Kent is possibly my favourite side plot

Nexts weeks Finale is gonna be a big un