The Apprentice

Bump for last nights episode.

I’m surprised retailers bought any of those drinks, they both sounded awful. I was also expecting everyone to get a pass since one of the competitors dropped out.

I wonder if that means there won’t be a double firing this season :thinking:

The branding for the vodka one was very good, that’s what won the task. That wouldn’t look out of place on a shelf.

The other one looked like it it was created with clipart in Word!

2 Likes

The wrong person went home, that girl should have gone for sure :joy: (I’m not good with names).

Both drinks sounded and looked awful.

2 Likes

The one who was squirming and tripping over her own words about the other two not contributing? :rofl:

Haha, if they removed the horrible thick black outline off everything that would have helped make it look less dated. Oh and reduced the amount of brown again :laughing:

Some newspapers still see no issue with promoting a story with a picture and caption of the latest firing in random places on the web.

This week has been spoiler-ed for me.

Is the intro not a spoiler too? It shows future tasks with people participating so you know who doesn’t go :grimacing:

On this week’s episode (which I was delayed in watching) it is yet again frustrating when people blatantly lie when there were cameras there documenting everything.

For all him probably being useless, the chap with the glasses did suggest other flavour combinations and was shot down by the girls.

The PM should have been fired if only for her annoying scoffing and facial expressions.

What I found interesting in the boardroom is that it almost felt like the girls were ganging up on the two boys. I couldn’t put my finger on it but it was enough to make me think it would be commented on the other way around #BeingControversial :laughing:

2 Likes

Can’t be sure, but I think in early series there used to be different edits of the intro, so different task clips were shown every week.

Yeah I remember something like this.

At the end of every episode it shows a teaser for the following week - this ends with the famous ‘you’re fired’ finger point. People were trying to work out who he might be pointing to in the boardroom to see who was going to be fired in the next episode.

That too is a different cut scene.

1 Like

They definitely were - bringing Akshay back was a an almost fatal mistake, should have bought back the one responsible for the branding. Akshay was top salesman, that always buys someone another chance.

2 Likes

One series, I correctly identified every week which candidate was going to be fired when the final three took their seats in the boardroom, based solely on their positions and the previously shown finger pointing. I used to text my family and by the end of the series they thought I was some sort of visionary :joy:

(Quite by fluke, I also managed to correctly identify Stella as the winner of series six purely on her ability in the Week 1 task!)

2 Likes

Hmmm not sure the right person went this week :sweat_smile:

Nope! AK was very lucky.

Pen flicker on the other team is very lucky each week. He does nothing!

I’m rubbish with names but the team leader girl needed to go last week she’s annoying as heck.

I agree there were parts missed out but Akshay is pushing his luck

1 Like

Should’ve stuck to his first instinct and fired the lot of them.

• Team Leader: all very well pointing out he was well and truly stitched up by being nominated for the job, but any mitigation on that side is more than balanced out by the fact he didn’t try to sell the catch of the day, and he didn’t ask what time the fish should be delivered :man_facepalming:

• Woman*: how on earth can anyone manage to spend more on inconsequential garnish than on the main dish?! Her costings were so badly out of whack, it was insane.

• Other bloke*: he keeps losing and is always in the bottom three? Says it all.

I can’t believe how much time I spent shouting at the telly. Not just at how people were being stupid, but at how insanely manufactured the situations in the show are. In the real world, you’d just hire an actual fishmonger to prepare your fish for you rather than piss about butchering it yourself. I felt so sorry for the chef who’d ordered the Dover sole :grimacing:

*I forget all the names, I’m sorry

1 Like

I mean I think he had to go as a minimum. He forgot the crab?! He didn’t get any details in the commercial deal. He went with Arancini, not exactly a thing to give people in a rush.

Akshay should have gone too. I think he’s now the ‘we are keeping him for the entertainment value’ character we get each year

1 Like

Those crab tacos did look really good though!

Just caught up. A minor point but who the f is choosing these producers?!

£1 for 60g of rocket? Wholesale?

It’s 75p for 70g at Morrisons now.

Sorry but the credibility of this show… it’s in the dump. Make it more realistic.

2 Likes

The bag was labelled Tesco - where it is £1

1 Like

Happy cake day! :cake:

Thank you, I hadn’t noticed!