The Apple Pay card should be separated from the physical debit card

Interesting, When I log in to Oyster Contactless I get the same card number, but admittedly 4 times… I stand corrected.

I personally would rather all entities of my card were blocked if i froze it though, if i’m honest.

If you ever pay through Apple Pay at a store and check your receipt: The last 4 digits of your card will be shown on that receipt. They will be different from your physical card (unless Monzo does something highly unusual - I haven’t actually checked this with Monzo specifically, but all my other cards behave that way).

TfL contactless doesn’t simply rely on your card number to tell cards apart, anyway: Even if you have two physical cards with the same number (e.g. 2nd card holder for a credit card), they can still tell them apart.

If you want to go really deep into the rabbit hole, this is a good starting point: Curve chat - #264 by GalaxyMergirl

That’s fair enough - different people have different approaches :slight_smile:

1 Like

New to Apple Pay.
My question is, does ApplePay charge you any extra fx fees? I know monzo card does not and uses Mastercard’s fx, but I’m talking about the ApplePay card which connects to monzo. In my case this card is a Ukrainian debit mastercard from PrivatBank and I’m worried if they charging fx. Thanks.

No its all the same as using your normal card :slight_smile:

1 Like