Tax Residency Declaration Confirmation

I kept getting a notification to confirm my tax residency, but every time I reached the “Read and Confirm Declaration” screen, I couldn’t actually select the “Confirm Declaration” button.

It took me longer than I’m willing to admit to to figure out what was going on, but basically it’s this: On my Pixel 2XL, my font size was just small enough that the declaration text fitted on screen without scrolling. Once I adjusted my text size so that it was large enough that I could scroll the declaration text, it allowed me to confirm my tax residency.

So, my suggestion would be this: If the declaration text that we need to confirm fits fully on screen without needing to scroll, please just enable the “Confirm Declaration” button.

I’ve seen this before with Monzo and with other apps, especially with Ts&Cs and the like. The rule seems to be that the user having seen the whole content is then allowed to accept/confirm, even if there is no way you will read it all (I’m looking at you, Apple!).

When it’s a small amount of on-screen content it seems to get confused although you may find you are able to scroll the content vertically, albeit by 1 pixel! Not sure if this is an OS limitation or what, but I agree it does need addressing.

1 Like