Tax residency button not working

I just got the annual “please confirm your tax residency” email but the button in the email doesn’t work (I’m opening it on my iPhone).

1 Like

Well being as you shouldn’t click on links in unsolicited emails purporting to be from the bank, it’s probably for the best.

2 Likes

I believe you can do it in app by searching in the help section. It was mentioned in 2 recent topics about this email.

I tried that, there’s nothing there. There are articles about tax residency, but no link to confirm

1 Like

It is staggering that Monzo send these emails with links to click. Very amateurish indeed!

4 Likes

Same here! Ridiculous that the button does not work - I tried on both an iphone and an Android!

It’s not the end of the world, calm down :sweat_smile:

Some won’t have even bothered to open the email, or it will have gone into their spam folder. I’d expect another app notification in the coming weeks if you need to take action.

It’s the sort of thing I’d expect from a local shop, and would be forgivable. I hold banks to a higher standard, though.

1 Like

There shouldn’t be a button in the first place. Monzo should be using this to reinforce that you don’t click links in banking emails.

Put the item in the feed and/or give instructions on how to update in the app.

Although the problem with the latter is that people don’t read and just come here/to chat for the solution.

4 Likes

It’s not the end of the world, but Monzo asked me to do something to comply with (what I assume is) a legal requirement, and I couldn’t do it. So I spent time typing words into an internet forum, and then messaging Monzo support in the app to find out how to do it.

This process should be painless. Either give me a button, or make it easy enough to find out how to do it in app. As far as I can work out, there’s no way of doing it in app.

And now I’ve spent another minute of my life typing this message haha.

1 Like

I don’t disagree at all with your other points.

For future reference, type “tax” into help the link will take you to settings (or go straight to settings) then click “personal details”. And that’s where it is.

What’s not clear, is that doesn’t give you a way to confirm your tax residency. It allows you to check it, or change it.

There is a need for Monzo to employ a proof reader for much of their communication, I think.

Edit: sorry, I just read your post further up. I’ve just said what you were saying.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.