Tactical Voting

There are three tactical voting websites I am aware of: getvoting.org remainunited.org and tactical.vote
All three give me (as a remain voter) different advice is my constituency of North East Bedfordshire.

I wondered who else was considering voting tactically along Brexit lines (whether leave or remain) and if so, what sources you are basing your decision on?

2 Likes

good luck tactically voting out the conservative candidate - 61% of the vote last election

Straight UUP vs Sinn Fein fight here

Yes. It’s hardly a marginal seat. However, my incumbent MP is standing down after many years (he was one of the ones deselected) so I expect the conservative share to reduce a little. Plus politics is an unpredictable place at the moment. But I suppose, being such a safe seat, perhaps the best I can do is vote libdem so that my vote will at least contribute to all the post-election analytics?

1 Like

on the figures in your area a vote for liberals would be a wasted vote if you want to vote tactically , the idea is to give the party with the best chance of beating the one you want to get out your vote , liberals are no where near coming second :slight_smile: , but its your vote :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which figures? As I said in my original post, I have seen a lot of conflicting statistics.

last election in 2017 figures, when the conservatives didn’t even turn up to campaign :slight_smile: and labour where riding their wave

I’m not sure which are more reliable, previous election figures or voting intention polls.

if it was a close result in the previous two elections, I would agree , it wasn’t :man_shrugging:

SNP here or Greens all the rest are deadwood in Scotland

1 Like

I can’t vote for SNP :slight_smile: neither can voters in NI or wales :man_shrugging: so SNP deadwood here :slight_smile: although I do hear a lot from them in westminster lol

1 Like

I know, but until the 2014 Indy ref always voted Labour even back home in Wales but wasn’t that bothered about politics not that I am that much now to be fair, I should have voted for Plaid Cymru back home :joy:

2 Likes

Pacts have helped somewhat to make it a remain or leave vote in south tyrone and fermanagh really.

1 Like

Bugger all chance of me doing a tactical vote, the winning candidate got 67% of the vote last time around, and it has been a safe seat as long as I can remember. I’d probably do more good drawing penises on my ballot paper for all the weight my vote would have.

2 Likes

well maybe that would depend on why you were tactically voting to achieve what , and who stood for what party on what manifesto commitment last election

I think I know where my vote needs to go:

2 Likes

So you should. They were third biggest party in the last parliament.

2 Likes

lol yes 3 times the liberal MP share of seats with a third of the votes ( roughly ! ) …democracy in action

1 Like

And one Green :sleepy:

It’s shameful that Labour have never taken up electoral reform.

2 Likes

no point when you’ve won and have the power to do something about it which potentially loses your power next time :slight_smile: