Switch to Monzo and Help us Test the Current Account Switch Service

Hey! I just used the switching service! It was so great to be able to switch some of my payments without closing my old account (I need it open for other reasons). I found the process incredibly quick and simple. I had done a switch previously from NatWest to First Direct, which went ok but required more steps and I had to call them, which wasn’t a pain but it wasn’t as convenient as the switch Monzo arranged. My only feedback would be to be able to set the payment category for each DD or SO before the first transaction happens. That’s a small detail though. Just my OCD flaring up! Hahah!

1 Like

I had a notification that a direct debit had been setup today: but the notification doesn’t show on my feed and it would have been nice to know it was setup as part of the switch (perhaps during the switch, an ‘always at the top’ feed item saying ‘Switch from [Bankname] [last four digits account name]: [Status]’ which when clicked on gives a timeline of events ‘xx: Contacted bank. xx: Received list of 3 direct debits. xx: Direct debit X transferred… xx: Completed’ etc.

[ Interesting that I haven’t had any notification from my old bank that I’m leaving them: I would expected a something ]

3 Likes

If you did a full switch (closing the old account in the process) Monzo should cover any charges you incur as result of the procedure not going smoothly under the current account switch guarantee.

2 Likes

It was a partial switch. To be honest, I’m more concerned with any potential credit report issues, such as marked late payments – something I’ve never had before in my life.

Partial switches aren’t protected so it’s a risk you take with them.

I wasn’t aware of that :confused:

It’s still worth contacting Monzo in-app. They usually try to help as much as they can and sort out any issues. No guarantees, but worth asking what they can do to help sort things out for you, especially as you’re helping them out by testing CASS for them.

2 Likes

Hi all!

Completed my full switch from Starling to Monzo today, and worked a treat!

I don’t have an overdraft in Monzo but do in Starling, so they’ve basically kept my old Starling account open and are allowing me to pay in but not pay out until the overdraft is paid off.

Few little niggles like my direct debit names being truncated in Monzo, but overall was a great experience.

Thanks,
James

3 Likes

You may be sorry, I’m not :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

I switched an account into NatWest a couple of months ago for a free £125. The actual switch went fine. Payment was due on Friday. Needless to say I, and thousands of others, are still awaiting our bonuses. They reckon it’ll take them a week just to be able to email all those affected to let them know they’re looking at it, if their Twitter customer service is correct.

High street banks, eh? What a joke.

1 Like

I think that perhaps Monzo should make this very clear during the switching process? The actual guarantee would be important to a lot of people, and it needs to be clear when your switch is guaranteed and when it isn’t.

Also all the stuff about reminding you to download statements and not set up anything new in the 7 days prior.

I don’t think Monzo should just assume that folk know everything about switching and just initiate it without making folk aware.

3 Likes

I’m on that list as well. Just got off the chat Link, trying to chase it up. Shambles

1 Like

That’s what I did. Got my payment last Thursday. Now closing it down using cass into Monzo :ok_hand:t3: Bad service of NatWest to do that to you all. Shame on them

1 Like

I got my bonus paid on Thursday. That account is going to FirstDirect for another bonus soon.

2 Likes

I’ve claimed all the good sign up bonuses so far. Closing my burner accounts down now. Monzo will be my main account. Will keep my old Lloyds account for the interest plus paying in cash.

Would it be possible for the bank logo to be shown as per the example in the blog when entering the sort code?
This also feeds into a thread I raised before regarding faster payments. I’ll link below:

https://community.monzo.com/t/sort-code-confirmation/34126?u=jackcrwhitney

3 Likes

I performed partial switches from two other current accounts I have.
Very smooth experience, so well done :+1:

I do have some suggestions though

• Have a single, sticky / pinned feed item, stating the progress of the switch, as well as the bank the switch relates to, for those initiating multiple switches at the same time
  • If that’s not possible, in the “Switch to Monzo” section, display a list of switches that are in progress
1 Like

How long should I be waiting to ‘Here from my bank’. It’s been a few days. I also think that the message from Monzo should be pinned to the top of my feed so that I don’t have to keep scrolling through to see if it’s been updated.

2 Likes

I waited 4 days
(I think) for Barclays to send me a list of payments, and 2 hours for Starling (both for partial switching).

It will most likely depend on your bank, as there is no guarantee for a partial switch.

1 Like

Heart stops…
heart%20stops

Heart resumes…
heart%20resumes

Looks like switch in progress!

EDIT: Why does Plusnet (the ISP) get :pound: and not :globe_with_meridians: or something more internet related?

6 Likes