Switch to Monzo and Help us Test the Current Account Switch Service

Cool to see that merchants are being assigned custom emoji’s for Direct Debits too :slight_smile:

You can suggest that the COps change that via the in-app chat.

3 Likes

Because they’re money grabbing b@&£?!@s

1 Like

Will do :smile:

1 Like

Just to check, when you do a partial switch and move standing orders across, do the old ones get deleted / cancelled from the previous account?
I chose what ones I wanted to move across and they appeared under the payments tab instantly although they still also show on my old account.

Edit: they now have been removed from my old bank

1 Like

What happens if the account you’re switching from is overdrawn but the new account provider will not honour the overdraft?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread (as this is my situation). Your old bank will contact you and ask you to pay them the overdraft once the switch is complete. In Natwest’s case you’ll have 10 days to pay them once your new bank confirms they won’t take the overdraft on.

1 Like

Ah apologies - I’ve not read the full thread.

Thanks - is this 10 days from the switch date? Does this impact the switching process?

The email I got from Natwest says this:

If you have an overdraft and want to transfer it to your new account, you should speak to your new bank as soon as possible. If your account is still overdrawn on [switch date], we’ll contact your new bank and ask if they will take it on. If they won’t, we’ll write to you and ask you to pay the outstanding amount. You’ll have 10 working days to pay this off.

I believe this means 10 days from when you receive the letter, which is presumably after the switch date.

The overall switching process won’t be affected.

1 Like

Great that’s clarified it for me :slight_smile:

My bank in question is Natwest as well so will sit tight until I hear from them :smile:

1 Like

I got both an email, and an SMS from Natwest the next working day after I switched (started on Friday, messages on Monday) so they should be in touch soon.

2 Likes

Got a few duplicate debits on the switchover, but I don’t think that’ll cause much of an issue, still not got anything to say it’s been completed though (Monday)

All done now :slight_smile:image

3 Likes

Someone local to me - I’m Cheshire West!

1 Like

:tada: how’s the pothole situation over there? :laughing:

Gone to pot?

Lol! Only getting worse!

1 Like

Partial switch complete. I am now anxiously awaiting the first of the month with my fingers crossed. If they all get paid then I will be happy and it’ll have saved me 7 phone calls. If it goes badly then the mortgage won’t get paid! Only keeping my First Direct account open for linked credit card and savings account - all payments have moved.

@Peter_G
Update on getting my salary moved over… I got paid a day early via FPS, I can only presume they did this as my Monzo sort code wasn’t accepted by their Bacs system :man_shrugging:t3: I guess I shall find out soon enough but I got paid a day early so no complaints from me

4 Likes

I don’t trust my employer to have up-to-date sort codes, so I asked them to change my salary payments over early, separate to CASS. Not had any complaints yet, but I think salaries are processed next week, so we’ll see…

2 Likes

I asked payroll why it was early and their response was they were feeling generous and it wasn’t just to me :blush: No complaints from my end

2 Likes