Switch to Monzo and Help us Test the Current Account Switch Service

Did you switch the mortgage DD as part of the switch?

I did - I switched all my direct debits. The only reason I kept First Direct account open was for linked saving account and credit card.

1 Like

Partial switch from Santander to Monzo, I can see the DD in monzo I selected, but will have to see if they worked when $$$ is taken out. Interestingly one of the companies refused to accept the sort code when I tried to manually switch… so far, pretty easy

any $$$ taken out will be converted to £££ by Monzo at the MasterCard rates

2 Likes

I doubt that: monzo can’t accept $ direct debits, as far as I know :wink:

1 Like

I don’t believe $ DDs can be set up!

2 Likes

Does the CASS automatically re route standing orders into my old account into my new account, or would I have to contact the people who set that up? Planning on moving at the end of June.

Yup - it does everything - in and out. It also sets up a redirect for three years.

For at least three years, but to 12 months after the last redirected payment, so potentially indefinitely.

It doesn’t switch continuous payment authority as those are card payments rather than bank. Read that last night somewhere, correct me if I’m wrong

4 Likes

Only if it’s a full switch. If it’s a partial switch, it will stay in your ‘old’ account as it’s still active.

2 Likes

Wasn’t a Santander mortgage was it? I had similar issues having to call them and get them to redo it from scratch. Helpful people to talk to fortunately.

I’m having a bit of a nightmare too. Paypal was scheduled to take a direct debit out of my bank account, but they just emailed me to say that payment was unsuccessful. I don’t think I am at fault as all of the direct debits, including this one, were transferred over from my old account and was ready to go. Paypal are now charging me for £12 for a late payment even though I don’t think it is my fault.

Is it showing on your transferred direct debits list?

Get on to the app and contact customer support, they might know what’s happened

If you did a full switch I think you are covered for any costs. As @Rat_au_van said contact in-app support.

Thanks guys, I meant DOLLAR, as in cash as in pounderos moooooney … I’m not very helpful here

Seems to have brought across all my DD’s + standing orders fine (full switch). However, previously paid accounts (think friends / family ) hasn’t been brought across. Is that to be expected?

1 Like

I’m afraid so, at the moment. Monzo doesn’t really have the concept of a regular payees list (aside from recents) so there isn’t anywhere to put them right now.

I think there might be some early plans to do something about it, though, although unfortunately that’ll be too late for your switch :cry:

2 Likes

Just started my switch. Happy to feedback.

1 Like

Hi. My switch to Monzo failed. The reason being was that I had changed my name on my Monzo account but not got around to doing so on my current account due to working 12hr shifts. Not Monzo’s fault. However, it may be useful for advisors to inform customers who request a change of name that they may wish to hold off if they are planning to switch. I’m now having to go through and set up my direct debits and then I can close my current account. My fault for not thinking things through but thought I’d give people a heads up.

3 Likes