Summary - Feedback thread

That’s a Standing Order, Committed doesn’t support DD’s yet… but yeah its in there but that doesn’t go out until the 1st, if I click on it, it shows as greyed out to show its not gone out yet… once its gone past the 1st, it shows as normal in the feed.

Does that make sense?

2 Likes

I get paid on the second Friday of every month as opposed to on a particular day. I’d really like the app to record this period so that I can manage outgoings better!

1 Like

Good news. I need it back.

Same here.

Minus the purchases.

This is a great feature I no longer need to worry about excluding those one-Off payments which I was not able to do in the tools provided by other legacy banks! Looking forward to more changes/updates to Summary!

Have to say I love Summary, but I really can’t understand why it’s been forced upon everyone while it still isn’t ready. Wasn’t the point of Labs to refine and improve an idea before general release, but as far as I can see very little has changed yet. Custom pay periods and direct debits in Committed Spending are basic functionality for Summary to even work properly, yet it’s been released without them. Meanwhile the overall spending target has essentially been removed for the time being.

Having used Summary since it’s release in Labs I also feel that the dial uses up way too much screen space, when a bar would provide the exact same information. At the very least the space around the dial could be cut down.

11 Likes

If you go to the target setting screen then change one and save they come back again. You can then change the target back again. Seems like a bug.

2 Likes

Seems significantly better, however my one criticism (not sure if it’s been mentioned on this feedback post or the previous) is that the custom salary date/payment doesn’t take into account payday falling on a weekend and adjust the target period to the last working day. Towards the end of this month my stats have been screwed because of this.

1 Like

I like summary and have been using it quite a lot

However I’ll never know why direct debits being included under commited spending wasn’t a priority from day one :man_shrugging: It’s an essential feature

7 Likes

Just been paid and none of my bills have been taken into account for commited spending, summary seems a bit pointless until DDs, bills and subscriptions are included no? Is there a timeframe when this will be sorted?

Thanks,
James

7 Likes

Completely agree with this - it should have stayed in Monzo Labs until all of the relevant payments could be configured for it. At the moment it’s not much use at all :frowning:

6 Likes

It would also be good to implement a tap to show/hide the Summary dial - I don’t want to see it all the time, sometimes just want to see my spending breakdown without having to scroll down nearly a full screen length :iphone:

2 Likes

I agree. If I have set spending limits I would like to see them prioritised and put within the “Spending” area of the summary screen. I don’t really want to see my spending sorted by the most I have spent in a category. That could be a one of payment.

2 Likes

I understand your agenda of you wanting people to pay their salary into their Monzo account, but please can you just have a simple date picker on the “Change start date” option of the Summary page.

Choosing a date based on a transaction is a weird pattern and is more limiting than it is enabling. What if - for whatever reason - you want to start your spending record from a date other than the one you get paid on?

I’ve seen all sorts of wild and wacky UX patterns for choosing a date before, but not one as limiting as this!

13 Likes

Among its many other faults, I don’t understand the “left over” figure.

The BIG figure in the BIG green circle is 692.41 “left to spend”. Which is my account balance, as shown on the home page (so why’s it also here, bigger?) Why “left to spend” instead of “account balance” this time?

Underneath it says “You’re set to have £415 left over”. What’s that figure from? Left over from what?

If the old overall Target was still working (and I still can’t quite believe you’d simply delete a feature like this, that people would be using for budgeting, with no notice, mid-month) I’d see I had £227 left to spend this month. Which is the only figure I actually want to see.

8 Likes

Agreed, I think any categories with targets should be at the top and always visible, and other categories should be hidden under ‘More’.

1 Like

‘Left to spend’ is your account balance minus any payments that are due to go out over the month. Unfortunately at the moment this is only taking into account standing orders and not direct debits or subscriptions. If you don’t have any future/recurring payments then this will be the same as your account balance.

The ‘you’re set to have £___ left over’ is worked out by how much you have in your account and how much you’re spending each day. I’m sure the algorithm is more complex than this, but simply put, if you have £100 left for 10 days and you’re spending on average £8 a day, it’ll tell you you’re set to have £20 left. If you’re spending on average £20 a day, it’ll tell you that you might run out of money.

2 Likes

Wonder why DDs aren’t included? Have I missed something?

It’s coming soon… I think the problem they are trying to work out is some DD’s change amount so it’s being able to predict that…

1 Like

We got paid ‘a day early’ this month due to the weekend.

I’ve not reset my month yet as I want to see what happens tomorrow :thinking: