Summary - Feedback thread

Once money is in a pot it should no longer factor into Summary’s left to spend figure.
What are you hoping to exclude it from if not that?

Even if I move the same amount of money into a pot, it’s counting that as extra money. So Summary is saying I have -£500 left to spend (ie £500 more than my budget), regardless of where that money is.

Your summary is saying that you have £600 left to spend of your overall £600 budget, with 30 days to go.

Granted your general category is over £500 in the positive which may cause issues of you are trying to track spending in that category. I’d probably change its category to Finances if it were me but you might have your own circumstances to account for.

If you want Summary to work off your main account balance minus committed spend, then remove your overall budget of £600 which you have set (set it to 0)

Either way, money in a pot will not factor into your total left to spend figure (the left to spend wheel on the Summary page or the bar on the home screen).

Have you tried manually setting the payments as recurring? So finding the most recent one of each of the three in your transaction list and setting it as a repeating payment?

Hopefully you’ll find that one already is set automatically and the other two aren’t yet. This might not work, it is quite tricky to get it all right, but it should in theory work!!

All 3 are set as repeating. Once they’ve gone out they show as committed in Summary, but then when the pay cycle starts again only one shows as committed and has its value used to determine left to spend. Once all 3 go out they all show as committed until the next pay day.

That must be very frustrating! Doesn’t sound right at all either, if you’ve told the app it’s this spend on this date it should definitely predict it.

This is something a few of us have been highlighting. The thread is below.

There’s some incoming transfers that cannot be excluded from summary and completely break the budgeting.

1 Like

Nah that’s not the issue - the incoming payment has meant, until I spend more than the amount received, my ‘left to spend’ will always be £600 of £600. It doesn’t matter what category it’s under - what’s not clear in that photo is I’ve already spent quite a bit of my budget - it’s just not reflecting as the incoming payment is giving it a very positive balance.

Removing the budget doesn’t work either - actually makes it worse.

At least in the old design I could ignore Summary quite easily (being in a separate tab). Now I can’t, do it really needs to not do stupid stuff like this.

What does it do?

Regardless of what it looks like, the left to spend amount doesn’t even match up either to what it should be.

It’s a known problem with Summary when receiving incoming payments - you can’t exclude them and it messes it up.

I’m not really sure what the problem with your Summary is without knowing what it should be or what you’re expecting it to look like.

To me it seems like a combination of a large incoming payment (perhaps on top of a starting balance), and then a large outgoing payment or transfer that either hasn’t been marked as committed spend or hasn’t been excluded from Summary.

Sorry for the back and forth, it’s just that I sometimes receive incoming payments in the month and never have this issue.

Isn’t what your describing exactly what the thread I linked to is about?

If I receive a large incoming payment (say if I split a transaction or request money via the app) I cannot exclude that incoming transaction from summary.

Yep, it is. I’m just providing explanation for @StuartL

I actually thought it was just an issue when you split a transaction with someone, but seems it’s also the same when you request money and they pay you through that way.

Oh well, at least I know for the future - or until they fix this part of Summary.

1 Like

Ok, not that it matters but I actually found a way to fix this. It involved paying the person back, asking them to send it straight back to me, and it cancelled out the positive balance from before.

Thank god my boyfriend can put up with my OCD, that’s all I can say :sweat_smile:

I want to compare my budget at this same day with last month. I use Graph to do it but now is gone. Can we add that info into the summary now? Can we bring back Graph as a summary sub-option?

You can still get that by scrolling through the feed and looking at what your balance was on a particular date. Or is that not what you are looking for?

I think it is but with the graph you could di it in 1 swipe, now it takes approx 1million

1 Like

I’m probably missing something… I did as you said but could only see how much I’ve used on that day, not how much I have left. I tried a couple of time to vertically split the screen to see if the budget and the timeline at the same time while scrolling the value to check if the value changes but it doesn’t. The new UX are terrible, demanding, at least ,one additional click to perform some of the core features, had ripped out the functionalities that I use to have some financial control comparing the days and the angle of the curve during a month, increased the number of missclicks…

A minor feedback suggestion. Just been poking around the previous months in summary, with the little graphs accessed by the calendar button.

I noticed that the pots bar in the bar graph looks the same whether it was incoming or outgoing.

For example, in the below screenshot, in Mar>Apr I withdrew from pots overall across the month, then in Apr>May I deposited overall, a similar amount to the amount I withdrew the previous month. But both look the same. There’s no way to tell if you added to or took from your pots overall that month.

Maybe a little green or red dot at the very top of the bar to show if it’s an increase or decrease in the overall pots balance? Or the whole bar could be a muted version of the green or red.

Actually thinking about it it’s kind of weird that balance is shown with two bars (an in and an out) whereas pots is show with one, in the positive or negative. I feel like the two should use the same method, whichever testing indicates is more readily understood/read.

Quick q as not sure where to ask regarding committed spending. When something like a direct debit has been cancelled or postponed, when does the summary stop predicting it? I know I can go back and exclude it using the toggle in a previous payment but wondered when the summary stops predicting it automatically. Thank you.