Exclude income from spending summary

I would like to be able to receive one-off payments and exclude them from my spending summary.

This issue becomes particularly apparent when splitting a bill.

If I split a payment that I’ve excluded from my summary, then the income I receive from the other payees adds a positive balance to my budget and throws off my calculations.

I didn’t even realise this was a problem until reading this. But I did exactly this last night, split a payment and then removed it from summary as someone had paid me back before I had split the transaction. Now I have positive money coming in but the negative payment is ignored.

Just voted for this.

I’m splitting various payments for an upcoming holiday (hotels etc) with my other half. I’ve money set aside in a pot for the holiday, so I’m excluding my payments from Monzo from my monthly budget.

Problem is when I get an incoming payment from the shared tab, it’s being added to my monthly budget. I’d like the option to exclude this too.

Example:

• I spend £100 on a hotel, set to holiday category
  • I exclude this from summary and withdraw £100 from my holiday pot
  • I add the payment to our shared tab
  • I’m sent £50, categorise this as holiday, which I then put straight into my holiday pot
  • I can’t exclude the incoming payment, my budget now says I’ve £50 extra to spend
1 Like

I had the same issue around Christmas time / January. This is also the case for Tab splitting. It throws off summary and the budget calculations.

I’ve had the same issue, where a settled tab has been added to my monthly budget. With most payments you can choose to exclude from budget summary, but this doesn’t seem to be an option when you click on the payment.

I have found a work around however… I transferred the amount I received from the settled tab into an account with another bank. This removed it from my monthly budget summary. I then set the transaction type to be the same, thus returning the budget for that transaction type to zero. I then sent the money back to my Monzo account, which was added to my account balance but not the monthly budgets tab. Phew!

Obviously would be great to have a ‘exclude from summary’ option instead! Thanks Monzo!

1 Like