Summary - Feedback thread

Overall Spending target is on it’s way back, being designed at the moment. We want to make sure we provide the right information to help you set a useful target.

5 Likes

Correct mate, its just what has happened during that period of time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t understand it, I’ll have to give it some time I suppose. Although not sure why it’s telling me I’ll have £35 left at the end of the month when I usually have several hundred pounds left. The Bills target is inaccurate too, it hasn’t account for £115 that I’ve marked as Bills so it shows a higher figure than it should be.

1 Like

Exactly this, I’ve said it a few times. The green dial should be your total budget for the month. Not the amount left in your account to the penny - committed spending.

I don’t want to have to drain my account to zero every month for the summary tab main dial to be an effective budgeting tool.

2 Likes

Shame this has been forced upon us before being ready. Every time I click into a section it takes ages to load the transactions and the UI is randomly cut off in places. Using an iPhone 6.

Worse still is this was all reported in labs and not fixed? Still can’t actually send my months end date so it remains useless assuming the next pay month has started when it has not. Feels like this has been rushed.

2 Likes

Mine is cropped out :pensive:

I would like the ability of showing what I could save instead of what I have spent! I would also welcome the ability to sweep remaining balance into a savings pot in a similar way you can with coin jar.

2 Likes

Overall, I like the Summary and the direction you’re taking with it. I also appreciate that you’re effectively giving as a very refined Beta product to work with and comment on.

When you’ve resolved the committed spending to improve the overall summary, here are a couple of thoughts for you.

1. Safe To Spend. If you could show a day or weekly (user selected) Safe To Spend amount would be more useful than saying you’re on target for a surplus or likely to end up in overdraft.

2. User selected target spend. Allow users to choose between the account balance at start date, total of targets (budget) or a user selected amount they want to keep their spending under.

The targets options in Monzo Labs are a great idea and I’m hoping these will help my discretionary spending out and about ( I try and budget this myself but always end up going over by >£100).

One thing that I can’t seem to work out how to do is how to plan for one off upcoming expenses.

E.g. Some things I would like to plan for:

• Booking a flight next month (or further in advance)
  • Moving costs (Petrol / Hiring a van etc)
  • Birthdays

I personally would really like this included.

Community: What do you guys think? If we get enough replies maybe they’ll bump this into v2.1 ? :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Hugo, good feedback! It may be worthwhile adding it to the specific thread regarding Summary, just to keep all ideas in one place :smiley:

1 Like

Good idea, Is there a way I can move this or do I need to repost? I couldn’t see the option in the Edit Post settings.

1 Like

End users can’t move posts unfortunately. I’ll tag a coral crew member to move it. @Rat_au_van :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Currently not sold on the summary tab, I don’t find it very easy to read, maybe that will change when I’m able to set a weekly payday. i’ll be avoiding the tab altogether for now.

1 Like

So, how does this now work with the new date ranges on the summary?

My “sitiation”:

I get paid on Monday 28th of May - that is a bank holiday Monday; so my payment date comes forward to Friday 25 May.

I then select the (May) salary as the start date for summary/targets which then runs from Friday 25th May to Sunday 24th June; wherease I then get paid on Thursday 28 June - so what happens to the extra three dates not accounted for in my summary date range?

1 Like

Hello @nick69g, I’ve moved your post here to join the rest of the feedback.

OK thanks - so how will it work in my example?

Biggest issue I currently see with Summary for my usage case is with shared bills? And it’s right now, making it not really useful.

All my bills are paid by DD by myself.

My flat mate then transfers me the balance of these bills, usually in half (half of water bill, half of electricity bill etc).

I can’t categorise his payments to me, they only appear as INCOME, whereas I categorise my DDs as Bills.

I see it working in my head as that the balance IN and OUT of the Bills category should balance out over the month to be just my regular, committed outgoings.

Honestly, I’d love to just have the option of manually inputting my committed spend each month. It would seem a bit more straightforward…!
Right now I just put it all in a pot at the beginning of my pay cycle anyway and take from it as the bills go out.

Apologies if this has already been covered.

2 Likes

I have a few regular payments that are taken by card (sim only plan, Netflix, other online subscriptions etc) - will it be possible to flag these as regular spending so they money can be excluded from what’s left to spend?

4 Likes

I think recurring card payments are the next port of call. They are super important!

6 Likes

This is something that is recognised and being worked on. We don’t have a solution just yet

1 Like