Starling Feedback

They have been good with me so far only one notification not come thought I am using the iOS app.

1 Like

So far Iā€™m impressed. Everything works fine and updates fast

Interesting, I get instant notifications both spending and getting paid and balance updates without me having to manually update.

Are you android or iOS? Might be worth speaking to them regarding the issue. :+1:

Did the direct debits work ok? Glad all is good. :credit_card::iphone:

Iā€™ve been unable to use starling at all for a few daysā€¦ had an issue with the app refusing to connect to their systems and upon re-installing; thereā€™s an issue with ā€˜onboardingā€™ my new phone. Would have thought being kept out of my account would be a major issue - maybe not.

Thatā€™s not good and worrying

All my notifications are instant but Iā€™ve found like a few have mentioned that the transaction feed needs manually updating to bring it up to date.

2 Likes

If your phone is fairly recent I guess itā€™s less of an issue. Iā€™m still using my iPhone 5s and their app is quite slow, despite the fact that parsing JSON is not rocket science and the phone is more than capable of doing it. I wonder if Starling is one of those ā€œhybridā€ PhoneGap/Cordova apps that allow lazy developers to write cross-platform apps in HTML & Javascript in exchange for twice the memory and CPU usage.

@Mikeee what version of iOS are you using? :+1:

iPhone 7 running 10.3.2

Have you tweeted them? Seems very odd. Not seen this error pop up on twitter? Iā€™m guessing youā€™ve tried on 3/4G too.

Hopefully the problem is solved shortly :+1:

Already in touch with their CS team, will see what the outcome isā€¦ I havenā€™t been able to even ā€˜onboardā€™ my phone let along get into the app to see that error recently.

Well best of luck @Mikeee, I guess this is a chance to prove themselves in regards to customer support

1 Like

Apparently this isnā€™t an option to disable like monzo. I raised this as a fault with them and they replied

At this time, the touch ID is in place as a security feature even when you disable the pass code. This is to ensure your account is protected in the case of a lost or stolen device.
In the future, we will look to review this to make the app more customisable for our customers.

I did point out it still is not working as they advised as sometimes it asks and sometimes it doesnā€™t. They said they will look at

Totally agree.
Quicker then a regular bank though and I want them to do well, especially as theyā€™ll help drive competition.

I did have my first payment which took four days to show up though this week which was disappointing. Especially as with a regular bankIā€™d have had some notice after about a day via pending, starling was just incorrect for four days.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had all my payments pending and showing straight away when I have purchased. Unlike my old bank which shows nothing at all for pending payments.

I made my first top up today using my normal bank account. The Starling notification for that came through before the payment had finished processing. I have also used it to make a small contactless purchase. Again, the notification was instant. The merchant icon was correct too. So far, so good.

Looks like Starling beat Monzo to getting the new MasterCard logo, for their latest batch of cards :sob:

From this tweet.

3 Likes

Is it possible to sign up the Starling user community up via email/password rather than Google or Facebook?

Somethingā€™s not quite right there at the moment and the sign up/log in buttons are white on a white background :confused:

Is anyone signed up? Starling not having a user community was one of my gripes, so itā€™s good to see them do this (another is having the ā€˜pulseā€™ only showing a day of transactions, so Iā€™m pleased to see it will be changed to a month, though Iā€™m yet to be convinced that is the appropriate way to visualise that period of spending :neutral_face:)

2 Likes

Not that Iā€™m aware of, Iā€™m guessing that theyā€™ve set up the user accounts that way to try to prevent burner accounts > trolls getting in.