✨ Spring cleaning: making it easier to manage your account & see Pots payments

I don’t - I’m assuming no one else does either?

If the main release text is right then it should at least start this week, right?

1 Like

I’d have thought a couple of people would have had it by now :pensive:

3 Likes

They do…Monzo staff :sweat_smile: I’m assuming they get that secret sauce 1st :thinking:

1 Like

What’s all this about, it removed reference to the quote :thinking: doesn’t quote feature like emojis?

1 Like

It’s been setup like that for years. If you quote the entire previous post the quote is felt to be unnecessary and automatically removed since your reply is next in line anyway.

3 Likes

Learn something new everyday, I don’t often quote to be fair. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I don’t have this yet. Evidently, making complimentary remarks about the designers and developers is no guarantee of early access :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing new here either. Slow roll-out :sleeping:

Tomorrow is Thursday though. New releases? New feature-flags? Dark Mode? Cheque Imaging?

:soon:

9 Likes

Just throw all the things in there and see what sticks? :grin:

5 Likes

I got a job offer* to tell me that is how to get it now so figure they would/ will!

*more a comment saying work for us and you can get early access, but it’s how you read it… right?

1 Like

This appeared earlier today for me :slightly_smiling_face: first impressions are good!

I love that the monthly interest is shown in the pot feeds now, and that when you tap on “total gained” it shows all the monthly interest payments whereas before when you tapped it nothing happened.

I’ve had a few crashes today since the new feed stuff appeared, may be a coincidence though (:apple: iOS 14.4.2, iPhone 12 Pro, Monzo 3.78.0).

Not sure if this is new or not, but I love the haptic feedback when tapping on your sort code or account number to copy it to clipboard in the manage section - it’s very satisfying! :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

11 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

It just occurred to me that there is no search option (magnifying glass icon) for the feeds for the connected accounts

As a member of the chosen few, do you have that now?

4 Likes

Haha nope, no search option yet!

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, or rather not

That would be a nice addition if the software gods are listening

5 Likes

I wonder if we’ll end up with categories for pot transfers? I think we’ll have to, for the new “transfer” and “savings” categories that were brought in for connected accounts to work effectively for the main account, too. :thinking:

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - April 2021

I’ve now had a chance to test this out a bit :slightly_smiling_face: I’m not sure I like the behaviour of the app remembering that pot X was last on either the “feed” tab or the “manage” tab. It feels weird to be swiping through multiple pots all on e.g. the feed tab, to come across a random one already on the manage tab.

Not sure on the best solution is… maybe if you change the tab on one pot to “manage” then swipe to another pot and its automatically on the “manage” tab too (or vice versa) would be a better way.

Or maybe it would be better if it didn’t remember the last accessed tab and always defaulted to the “feed” tab.

3 Likes

Something which has bothered me since the major design overhaul (but which might be totally out of scope for this spring clean) is the lack of spacing between the Search and Summary icons on the Home tab.

This might sound silly, but I genuinely struggle to aim my finger correctly when trying to tap the search icon. I get a temporary intense feeling of stress. It never results in me tapping Summary by accident (which I always get by tapping the left to spend bar instead), but feel really on edge doing it. I often have to tap a few times too because I miss the touch target which seems very small.

It’s something that I’ve noticed in a few other apps in select places as well, it’s not unique to Monzo.

It looks like the spacing between the Search and Summary icons on the image at the top of this thread is slightly larger. It’s an Android image so not sure if this is a discrepancy between the iOS and Android apps. I think ideally I wouldn’t want them right next to each other at all though, I don’t feel as though there is enough space for both those icons to the right of the “current account” title.

Image from top of thread:

Kinda in the same vein, I’d like the profile icon on the home page to be a little bit bigger than it is, for ease of tapping etc (I know swiping down takes you to the same place :slightly_smiling_face:).

2 Likes