Core Experience Update šŸ“£

What has core-experience been up to since our last post?

Itā€™s been a few weeks since we last checked in as a squad, so I wanted to drop in and give a quick update on where we are! Youā€™ve been giving us A LOT of awesome ideas to look into - thank you! Weā€™ve been working on a number of improvements and have a lot more coming :rocket:

:rocket: Shipped

• Some big improvements to monzo.me
  • Tweaked the ā€œdeposit chequesā€ experience

:eyes: Coming soon

• An easier way to share your monzo.me link with others, helping you get paid back quicker
  • More granular privacy permissions
  • Payment request reminders
  • Ability to edit scheduled pot transfers on iOS

:sunrise: On the horizon

• Some tweaks to bill splits
  • Improved ways to move money around your Monzo pots & accounts
  • Weā€™ve also started some research into our payments tab and experiences - If you have any thoughts, please make sure to feed into Chloeā€™s post here

Please keep your suggestions coming :pray: and continue to watch this space :rocket:

:heart: Giorgio & the Core Experience Squad :v:

62 Likes

This all sounds great. Thanks to you and the rest of your team for all the hard work, and for keeping us updated :smiley:

8 Likes

Never thought Iā€™d see it.

12 Likes

Pot to Pot transfers!!

26 Likes

OMG! Apply Pay back in monzo.me :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Fantastic that Monzo.me has increased to Ā£500, however the Ā£1,000 monthly inbound limit also needs to be raised.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Iā€™d love to better understand your use case for this, do you mind sharing a bit more context?

2 Likes

Hi Georgio,

I am getting married in October and wantEd to advertise my Monzo.me link on our wedding website for guests to contribute to our honeymoon instead of having a gift list.

Regards,

Daz

13 Likes

Got it, that makes sense and thanks for sharing! Also congrats!

10 Likes

Iā€™ve be a bit wary about this, I wanted to do the same and mine is in a weekā€™s time. However, I didnā€™t want the money to just drop in like this from all different people and places into my account and for it to be subject to any AML checks just in case

1 Like

Good use case for being able to share account details via Open Banking, like the links that can be used by business account holders to get paid.

2 Likes

Please let me bulk pay and/or not return me to the homepage each time I pay one :pray:

2 Likes

Maybe ā€œCollection potsā€ can be a new thing? It would be great to be able to set up a pot for a work collection or wedding collection and have people Monzo money straight into there!

8 Likes

Payments from pots? :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Nah. That exists via Monzo Plus. Solving this problem now would just undermine any value from that.

This to me reads more like the ability to be able to just move money from pots to pots or pots to accounts and vice versa from a proper interface thats designed for that functionality.

As right now the only way you can really pay into your pot is to go into the pot and pay in. Same for taking money out. And you canā€™t transfer between pots at all. Itā€™s cumbersome and unintuitive. Anything that makes this experience better is a :+1: from me. Copy the whole drag n drop UI from N26 and theyā€™ll get :+1::+1::+1: from me.

2 Likes

How did this work? Colour me intrigued!

Tap and hold on pot/account icon, drag your finger to another pot/account icon, let go, enter amount, done. It was a really slick way of doing it.

Could work for payments between friends if they remedy this by overhauling the payments tab, so you can pay friends directly from pots too. Iā€™ve either shared a video or a gif of it in action somewhere before, Iā€™ll see if I can find it and edit this post to add it.

edit: Thereā€™s a gif in my post that started this thread:

Really miss the Jedi swipe gesture to hide the balance too. It was these little things that made me fall for N26.

2 Likes

Oh, I missed that. And I have premium :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Tbf thereā€™s still no way to pay direct debits or standing orders directly from pots.

Thereā€™s the pot to main account shuffle thatā€™s free for everyone, or the virtual card directly from pots for paying customers.

3 Likes