SPECULATION - We're getting close - what's in the new Plus? šŸ‘€

I think youā€™re a bit overly focused on the metal card! My reading of @Gaoler was that the other features (like custom categories) can be found elsewhere at zero cost.

3 Likes

My apologies!

1 Like

I had a Tastecard as part of something else - very dangerous as it gave 50% off Dominoā€™s. No such danger here.

(Iā€™ve had a brief look and I donā€™t think Iā€™d use it).

4 Likes

Some pretty meh things there that honestly should just be in Monzo as standard (round-up acceleration, for example)

As someone with ā€œLegacy Plusā€ I would expect things like insurance, cashback and account interest to be featured. Hopefully this time with support for Joint accounts (lol)

1 Like

Interesting. Iā€™m definitely not mad at it as a legacy Plus user. In fact itā€™s nice to see Monzo taking it slow, rather than bish bash bosh - now we have Plus! Iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be more features compatible to the previous iteration at launch.

Actually pretty excited. :eyes:

5 Likes

With regard to colours, White Metal is probably similar (if not the same as) the leaked Snowdrift White from a while back. (A forum search should pull it up.)

Holographic Blue sounds snazzy too.

1 Like

I donā€™t disagree - Iā€™ve been quite vocal about the paywall idea. I still hold out hope that these features will be assimilated into Monzo proper, though, as time goes on (with new features for Plus).

But I think itā€™s important to remember that this is just what weā€™ve pieced together here. Iā€™m sure there will be additional stuff (like insurance) when itā€™s released properly. Quite how that works in terms of tiers thoughā€¦

Better savings products would be something Iā€™d be interested in as part of a financial group of products.

1 Like

On that, hopefully interest will make a welcome returnā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Everything so far sounds like what should be a base feature (exception of Custom Categories and metal cards). Bundling a restaurant card wonā€™t cut it.

There needs to be (and hopefully will be) a KILLER FEATURE that nobody has talked about or discovered in code, or v3 is going to end badly.

1 Like

Someone needs to do a comparison table of the existing paid accounts. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like
4 Likes

Such as?

Donā€™t think Monzo could compete on price with those

Hopefully theyā€™re doing something different. I have no interest in insurance or breakdown cover

Would happily pay for plus if it allowed us to pay cash in at Post office.

1 Like

What for a fee or for free? Post office acceptance will come with a fee applied that will be passed on to us.

Like like the PayPoint Ā£1.00 fee.

I think Iā€™d be mega frustrated if that came under Plus and not a core service.

Not having physical branches is the cost-saving mechanism there.

That said Iā€™ve only had to pay in cash twice in the last 12 months so not something thatā€™s of high value to me, but Iā€™d still rather it be free :slight_smile:

Iā€™m pretty sure weā€™d all rather everything was free. Iā€™m fully sure that it wonā€™t be. As long as they only charge for things ā€œother peopleā€ want then itā€™ll be fine though.

3 Likes

Iā€™m fine with added value services having a charge, Iā€™m not super cool with basic access to pay in cash, being chargeable.

1 Like

But this just goes back to what Monzo is, itā€™s a bank. Software features arenā€™t difficult to copy and they shouldnā€™t be relying on selling app features you customers. If you build your business model on that, it will be super easy for new start up banks to come along and implement those features.

1 Like