Something, Something, terrible support

Chat for something not urgent will always take longer.

I needed to ask HSBC how to do something in their app the other day. Went to in app chat. Reply within minutes …… but telling me to call them. :confounded: Their in app chat can’t help you with the app :laughing:

2 Likes

You must mean not a good fit right? Or we have very different experiences of Monzo support!

3 Likes

Monzo chat works best when you don’t need an instant response. Which, for me is probably around 90-95pc of the time.

The phone option does seem to work quite well, but it’s (almost) always a “we’ll come back to you in chat when we’ve spoken to x department”

I still think CS is an area that Monzo is really poor in, IMHO. There are still (exceptional) times when you really do need that answer right now. Anyone who’s had to move house will tell you this, the last thing you need on that day is a “we’ll come back to you in x hours” response

Natwest - their live chat is atrocious, it almost always ends up in me ringing them. I’ve always found their phone support to be pretty good based on my experience.

1 Like

I also thought this. I think their definition of “prompt” is 2-3 hours, not instant. Or it’s a typo, or I’ve misread :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

oops

2 Likes

There are just sometimes when you need an answer straight away. Ultimately this is peoples money they are looking after and they should have customer service that can help in emergencies

3 Likes

Pretty sure that CS would basically had said the same as the rest of us. The payments working it’s way through the banking system and can take anything from instantly arriving to up to 3 days.

2 Likes

But it’s not just about that. I’ve waited over 24 hours to discuss a fraudulent transaction before and that isn’t acceptable

2 Likes

This is where I revert to people not wanting to use self help as much as they should, leaving phone lines or messaging services for those in dire need.