SOLVED: App won’t verify my phone number

UPDATE: SOLVED
I’m an idiot and was using the wrong email address to log back in thanks for everyone’s help.

Hi, I recently logged out of the app on my phone so my boyfriend could set up an account, since he did that I haven’t been able to log back in to my app.
I’ve had a Monzo account since Christmas and the app has been fine until today. (The reason he used my phone is the microphone on his is f****d and he couldn’t record the video) but since he logged out and I’ve tried to log back in it hasn’t worked.

It sends a verification code but every time I get the red screen saying it couldn’t verify, I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it hasn’t worked. I emailed support but haven’t heard back yet…

Any ideas?

Can you take a screenshot of what happens?

Are you logging in or accidentally signing up again?

You should just get an email with a magic link to sign back in.

People who have reported this in the past have been accidentally signing up again instead of logging in.

Also make sure you’re logging in with the email account you originally registered with :+1:

1 Like

If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t work, email help@monzo.com

Hey @HamishS, as others have mentioned, can you ensure you’re clicking the login button rather than the button to sign up for a new account?

Yeah I’m sure I’ve deleted and reinstalled a second time and I clicked login, used the magic link from my email and then when it asks for my number and code it’s failing to verify

Definitely clicking login and not sign up

I think there’s some confusion here.

You don’t get asked to enter the phone number when you login. Only when you sign up. :thinking:

The login flow is literally:

Enter your email > Click the magic link in the email > App logs you in.

Let me send you a DM to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

2 Likes

UPDATE:
I’m a massive idiot and have been using the wrong email address to login. Kill me now.

6 Likes

Yes I win! :grin: I called this over half an hour ago at the beginning of the discussion :wink:

Glad you got it sorted! :blush:

2 Likes

Glad you got there in the end! :grinning:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, however I’m opening a new account which I previously closed (with the same email). Can anyone help?

You can’t just reopen an account via the two options available (login & create account). Your best bet is to email monzo and give them the details, and hopefully they can reinstate your account.

Hey I need help my account got closed but I don’t know why and I don’t have access to it anymore I’ve got money going in my account and I’m stuck on holiday till that money goes in could you help me please

Simon won’t be able to help you I’m afraid - nobody on here can.

You need to call the number on the back of your card or email help@monzo.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve called the numbers but they keep saying they are busy and help@monzo is really slow it’s taking about 2 days to reply back