Sky Bill - Charged Twice

The helpful bloke over chat has sorted it for me
Thank you Monzo :slight_smile:

Hopefully this doesn’t happen again

3 Likes

Glad you got it sorted.

What was the issue? Be good if you could share the findings in case it happens to anyone else.

1 Like

Basically.

Sky set aside some money to ensure I had enough to pay for my bill, there was a delay in this process hence why it appeared they’d taken another set of money off me.
The money from the first transaction would have been returned into my account within a week, however as I provided proof of my bill to Monzo they instantly refunded it. And was told if it ever happened again just get in touch

I recently changed my billing date ( starting September ) which could have impacted this.

7 Likes

Well it wasn’t because I thought Id been over charged

Perhaps we need to rename the forum?

2 Likes

This has happened two months on the bounce with NowTV with a friend. I’ll get them to DM through the app

Here’s a good explanation of what happened, incase it occurs for any of you guys…

1 Like

Ahhh ok, so they didn’t take the money twice?

If you’d waited then things would’ve sorted themselves out I guess? Which is the entire point of an authorization hold I guess. Good to know.

1 Like

Yeah I was confused about that too.

At least he learnt how to Google things :wink:

2 Likes

Yes.
Sky said it would be returned the following day, and Monzo said pretty much the same thing too.

It did appear that there were two transactions and because of this went into an unauthorised overdraft, hence why I got concerned

1 Like

Is this what happened to you? @itsBigH

If it happens again I will consider moving to Direct Debit. Will keep updated next time thanks guys :slight_smile:

Authorisation holds won’t affect DD will it ?

No, just card payments

1 Like

Bill came out on the 5th of September and is still saying pending transaction, guessing they’re gonna do another authorisation hold :roll_eyes:

Going to have to switch to direct debit if they do

Update : Sunday morning and still pending looks like it’ll happen again, what a joke

Still saying pending that can’t be right?

You’ve already been told what to do. Not sure why you keep commenting because nobody on here can help?

1 Like

Payment has gone through, must have been delayed due to the weekend :blush::eagle:

1 Like

Pending is normal for a few days on almost all transactions.

3 Likes

Yeah, ‘Pending’ for four or five is normal for just about everything. The abnormal bit was a second transaction appearing rather than the first one being completed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.