Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

Hey,

You’ll need to email help@monzo.com

As above. You can’t reopen accounts yourself, only Monzo can. Make sure it has been over 30 days too :slight_smile:

Can i open an account in the uk without an NI number ?

The signup process doesn’t ask for this so I don’t see why not.

There’s only one way to find out though

it just did and i was told i could not be offered a monzo account because i used a tax ID of another country .

Then you have your answer :slight_smile:

Details of everything you need to open an account can be found here:

They need to be able to see that you are who you say you are, and that you are a UK resident. It may be that they are not able to find sufficient evidence of your residency.

Hi, my card does not expire for 3 months, but I am going away in a few weeks and am not sure if I will be back before then, is it possible to order my new card early without getting penalised? Many thanks

Hey Helena,

If you put a salary into Monzo, you will be able to order 2 cards per year free of charge, however if you don’t put in a salary or Monzo don’t believe you use them as your main bank, then you would be charged £5 for a replacement card.

I believe you could order a replacement this way and it will come with new card details on it and a new expiration date.

Only needs to be £500pm and doesn’t need to be a salary. You’d also need to have 1 active direct debit.

I was stumped between which of the two it was so went with the latter! :rofl:

Thanks for clearing it up

1 Like

Monzo have been known to make exceptions and I’m sure this will fall into that.

Drop them a message in app - after all, if you don’t ask you don’t get :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning ,
went to tesco last night bought some items came to ÂŁ16.33 that was at 21:49 then again was charged same amount at 05:23 this morning can you help please store was not even open at that time

seems to be a common occurrence with Tesco

1 Like

Hi there , the one from last night is pending , the one from 05:23 this morning is not - please advise as January and really need it returned

from the post I posted from a staff member

" If that is the case the pending transaction will release the funds automatically after a week, but if you’d like to have it released sooner you can get in touch with Support who are aware of the problem and will be able to release them sooner. "

i need it asap please advise

I have advised - see my above post :slight_smile: 
we are not members of staff on the forum we are just customers like you

3 Likes

Hi, Im trying to find out if I open a monzo account will I be able to transfer funds from my mainstreanm hsbc ac into it, then link monzo to Coinbase and transfer the funds to coinbase to trade bitcoin? Also the other way around, can i take gbp out of coinbase through monzo to hsbc ac?

presumably HSBC won’t let you buy and sell bitcoin :slight_smile: ? so you want Monzo to take the perhaps dodgy funding risks from HSBC , then allow you to buy bitcoin , then sell bitcoin to transfer the funds in to Monzo and then back to HSBC 
hmmmm, cant see why not 
lol
one would think it would trigger AML straight away

1 Like