"Sign/log out" too easy!

Feedback to the app developers!
I find it is too easy to log out. I log in with the fingerprint tab, and sometimes it can flash off and on if I press the wrong thing it suddenly signs me out much too easily. Then it’s a whole fuss to sign back in, and set up fingerprint again etc. So in a nutshell, we should not be able to sign out so easily. It should not say log out on the fingerprint tab.

1 Like

That isn’t logging in/out.

This will be a security for your device. It’s a weird Android thing.

3 Likes

He is indeed not logging out, behind the fingerprint pop up you can see that it is to unlock the app

Apple Devices do the same thing with TouchID/FaceID

You can turn that off

2 Likes

Either I’ve misunderstood the OP or you have.

I read it as if they accidentally touch ‘Log out’, which is on the screen at the bottom of the picture, they get logged straight out of the app and have too sign in again with a magic link, and set up fingerprint access again.

Sounds like all they want is an “Are you sure?” screen so they can cancel and go back to trying to get their phone to read their fingerprint again.

3 Likes

I’m on Android and I don’t have the logout text on the authentication screen :confused:

That’s how I read it, but that’s not a standard feature from Monzo. That’s an Android extra making it more prominent/error prone.

3 Likes

My Log Out wording is as the bottom left of the finger print screen, so no way of hitting it by mistake

3 Likes

Yes, you are right! When I’m trying to sign back in, as an everyday thing, it is too easy to be logged out, whereby you need the email link etc etc. This is mainly due to the Log out option at the bottom of the fingerprint screen. I think it works even if you don’t touch that exact area so it’s really annoying, before you know it, you’re logged out! It shouldn’t be so easy to sign out!

2 Likes

Yes, are you sure, would be great!

1 Like

But actually I would take off the log out option altogether from the fingerprint dialog