Shocking customer service

the only bank I know you can call and get a real person any time is first direct so if you’re looking for that type of service better you switch to them

2 Likes

Whilst I’m inclined to agree, I have definitely had real-time conversations using in-app chat.

1 Like

I think what we need to u deter and with everyone quoting high street banks is that these banks have been around years with multiple uk and offshore call centres dedicated to all the different departments. Monzo have been around a few years and have literally a few hundred staff uk only in London, I would expect this to be honest yes it’s not ideal but it is what it is, I would be fuming also but I’m not gonna breach Barclays or NatWest and I hate monzo.

I agree with having a way to say whether your query is urgent or not. I’ve had very much non-urgent queries sorted in 10 minutes, and almost felt guilty! :rofl:

Support staff also in Cardiff and LA (for the overnight shift).

2 Likes

Thanks for correcting that I was not to sure but this is still small for me it’s expected but I understand the fraustration around

As much as I would love to say Monzo is the Best Bank in the UK - I totally have to agree with lack of customer service - when it comes to experience, dealing with queries and current length of wait.

However, on the flip side:

• Monzo’s growth has propelled massively within the last year and they are trying to ‘catch up’ to meet demand - plenty of roles in customer service being advertised. It would be against what Monzo believe in to stop customers from opening new accounts until they ‘catch up’.
  • In any bank, there are ‘peaks’ and ‘nadirs’ of needed customer service interactions - therefore one day - you may not have a wait time and on another, the wait time may be long - something I know they are monitoring, making sure the colleagues are in ‘the right place at the right time’.
  • Up-Skilling of Monzo Colleagues - you may have seen, ‘we are now going to transfer you to their technical team’ - this is due to - A lot of Monzo colleagues are new to role, it will take them a good period of time to have the knowledge and experience to deal with some queries.

I would say - stick with Monzo for now and monitor their progress for the next 6-12 months and then decide if you feel you would like to move bank!

4 Likes

Actually Las Vegas. LA is for the US bank work

1 Like

I knew it was wrong but couldn’t work out why. Thanks.

1 Like

I think Monzo has the best intentions. The agents always try their best, are never rude, but the tools at their disposal and training needs to be better.

1 Like

I agree, although I think the issue is the lack of experts as well.

Huge influx of new staff, but it will take a while for these new people to become experts and thus they have to refer lots of relatively simple enquiries. I would hope this will improve as staff learn and develop.

3 Likes

But be prepared to go backwards on the digital experience. I use FD as my billing account. Utterly dreadful digital experience.

HSBC won’t notify you of “card checks” on your account, so you wouldn’t even get the chance to freeze your card. Maybe something to consider.

I don’t have a frequent need to contact them, but in future I want to buy a house and seeing the threads about needing limits increased causing massive stress certainly worries me.

I really think Monzo need to aknowledge things aren’t ideal and communicate their plans to get response times dramatically improved and queries answered right first time instead of constant escalations. If they don’t I think they’ll lose a lot of their momentum as more and more people’s patience will start to wear thin and go back to legacy banks because their apps are slowly catching up.

Sorry you had a bad experiance, every time I have contacted them they have left me really impressed, quickly dealing with double charges and a fraud attempt on my card. I am not sure of Monzo customer numbers but perhaps they are growing to quickly and not growing the support staff at the required rate, but that shouldn’t be difficult to fix for them.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.