Say Thanks with Emoji!

You can now react to payments you receive from friends on Monzo!

Find out how it works:

Then give it a go and tell us what you think!

9 Likes

OK. Send me some money, and I’ll thank you :wink:

9 Likes

nice try! :joy:

6 Likes

#Thanks :poop:Trollol

1 Like

I think this guy says it best:

8 Likes

Nice little touch to payments.

When do we get GIF reactions? :angel:t2:

6 Likes

I would hope this didn’t take long for them to develop and roll out, it may also be part of a wider update to payments in the future but they’ve just released this bit first!

I like it nonetheless :eyes:

Agreed. I’ve been looking forward to this. Nice touch indeed.

3 Likes

It’s the little things that make monzo what it is. Knowing that this can be developed alongside a larger feature without impacting delivery is great.

9 Likes

I understand the frustration and we have lots of engineers on important high-priority projects.

We don’t have 50 people crowded around the same computer working on one thing at a time. Adding more engineers to some projects won’t make them go any faster.

The product team are working through our roadmap with several projects on the go in parallel. Easy quick things like this are usually ready for release first.

Hope this makes sense.

33 Likes

It does, yes. I am a developer, so I know how these things work.

It still boggles my mind that people get excited about sending :poop:, :+1: and :money_with_wings:. But each to their own, I guess :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why does it surprise you that people like this feature?

It’s a very small addition, but it’s a small thing that makes the app more delightful. It’s nice to say ‘Thank you’.

9 Likes

Fair enough! I just don’t get all the emoji excitement. I think an actual “thank you” is nicer than a :+1:, and I don’t see emojis all over the place as particularly delightful, but cluttered.

Also, I guess I should clarify, that I’m less surprised that people like it, but more about about the excitement that Monzo are trying to stir up for something this basic, as if it’s the best thing since sliced bread (which isn’t actually all that great, anyway).

2 Likes

I’d like this for all money into the account. There are plenty of emojis I’d like to send to the DHSS

3 Likes

I don’t remember seeing this on the roadmap, but explains why we’re still waiting for Apple Pay and the redesigned spending :neutral_face:

2 Likes

My bad! I’ll make sure these things are included too as they come up.

(By the way, here’s our most recent roadmap update!)

2 Likes

It does? Sorry, I don’t get how this would have impacted Apple Pay at all. Can you enlighten me?
Not a developer so I could be missing something obvious.

7 Likes

:+1:

I totally understand this but the majority of people don’t. Twitter is split 50/50 with people saying “why are you prioritising gimmic features over…” vs “wow this is cool! Wouldn’t ever see this from a normal bank!”

Monzo need to be careful at least until Apple Pay is here as I think people are getting inpacent now. And see stuff like this as priorities in the wrong place even though I know they aren’t.

No matter what they do people will shout they’re wasting their time til Apple Pay comes. Does that mean no updates until it eventually comes? It’s a can’t win situation :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes