Royal Mail keep delivering my post to someone else

Appreciate your post and some very valid points.

As I said earlier I’m complaining about the post last week which went to the wrong address

The post today was fine it was just my anxiety getting the better of me as I thought someone else had signed for it but it was just the postie

I’ll have a look into that, thanks!

Okie dokie.

I’m sure it’s a difficult time for them with staff absence and all but hopefully they’ll be able to come to a resolution.

1 Like

Probably a third of my post gets delivered to my neighbour because the postie can’t be bothered to walk around the block of houses to get to my door (I live end terrace and the only door is right around the end of the houses to the back.)

I wouldn’t mind but sometimes it’s a company giving me short notice to respond to something. If it’s a 10 day notice written in the letter I’ll be lucky if I get it in time…

Did that about 10 or so years ago after three incidents in the space of a few days. Guy at the window had obviously been on the advanced customer care training course. He listened to my account, told me to wait, and turned round to shout his colleague. “Bill!” “What?” “Get over here. Some mardy-arse wants to moan.” Then wandered away, sat down on a chair at the back of the room, and started eating a bar of chocolate.

4 Likes

Lol :joy:
Yeah I saw the postie last week and politely told him where my apartment is and he just kept saying yeah and could tell he wasn’t listening

I know it was hopefully a one off as we may have had a postie which we don’t usually have due to corona

My usual postie is a really friendly bloke who I always say hello to

Monzo Community Guidelines:

We Avoid: Posting low-value content that doesn’t add to the discussion.”

Why are we still seeing these threads on a daily basis?

3 Likes

Because the code of conduct also says

We actively work towards:

• Cultivating a network of support and encouragement for each other.
8 Likes

Ok I got a friendly response back from the Royal Mail who have passed the details on to the manager at the local office :+1:t4:

3 Likes

What @Rat_au_van posted is spot on

In regards to your post “ add to the discussion “ implies replies to posts and topics rather than the topic created Itself

Regardless, the issue has now been resolved :blush:

2 Likes

Just posting back here, because something new just happened to me for the first time!

They’ve somehow managed to take my parcel all the way to the Orkney Islands, before realising it had gone to the wrong place! :joy: :man_facepalming:

For those following the AirPod thread, this, thankfully, is not my AirPods (Apple used DPD).

1 Like

Oh somebody has had a ‘mare here! This kind of thing does happen occasionally. Systems in the big sorting locations are under so much time pressure that it’s almost inevitable.

Obviously annoying for you (or anyone else) but I think if we all took the total number of deliveries we receive in a year and calculated what percentage go wrong it’s a pretty good service overall.

3 Likes

I have to agree with you there, they are very good in that regard. A few other couriers have just given up when I mis-typed my postcode by 1 character. Hermes once couldn’t find me even with the correct address and postcode, so I had to give their support agent a local landmark they could google.

Edit: It’s Sunday now, so happy cake day @Eden!

Just buy the house they keep delivering to

5 Likes