Receiving Other People's Post/Parcels?

Has anyone received other peoples post before ? I went outside earlier and Hermes had left a parcel for someone who lives on a completely different street, so out of good will I took it round to them. It had been opened for some reason.
If that was my parcel I would not have been happy,

Are you sure Hermes delivered it that way, and itā€™s not the case that they delivered it to the right address only for someone to pinch it off the doorstep and abandon it a few streets away after checking the contents?

1 Like

Yes. If itā€™s post (which your post is about, but then mentions parcels), Iā€™ll just put it in a postbox ā€¦ itā€™ll end up at the right place.

1 Like

I keep receiving someone elseā€™s McDeliveries. Similar address and inattentive delivery driver is my guess. I refuse so maybe he has them, or delivers them to the right place, I donā€™t know :woman_shrugging:

Well thatā€™s a possibility. However I live in a quiet area where thereā€™s hardly anyone around.

But yeah the fact it had been opened and then left under my mat was odd

This has probably happened to me 20 times since Iā€™ve lived here, not for McDonalds but various places. I guess itā€™s usually dark and the addresses are similar.

Iā€™m always tempted to take the food but never have.

We had this not too long ago and happened a lot. Was always taking it to the neighbour and tutting at the Uber Eats driver.

When I finally said to him itā€™s not for us, turns out the neighbours were aggressive to a driver and had been banned from getting deliveries so weā€™re just having them sent to us instead.

Reminds me of the Friends episode where Chandler and Joey order pizza but tell them to buzz opposite so they donā€™t have to get up! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have never received someone elseā€™s mail, but I have had mail delivered to me that was constantly miss delivered to another specific address.

I lived at 23 Aardvark Lane and my post kept being delivered to 23 Aardvark House also on Aardvark Lane. The guy there kept delivering my mail until I worked out adding (top of the lane off Anteater Road) to my address solved it.

1 Like

Funny enough my partner had a Monzo card delivered to his address to someone who doesnā€™t live there.

Used to happen all the time. I used to live in a street that was next to a street but with ā€˜Westā€™ added to the name.

11 Smith Street was just down the road from 11 Smith Street West.

I complained to Royal Mail a few times because it was just laziness but they didnā€™t really stop. Luckily we were nice and dropped off each otherā€™s mail occasionally.

Iā€™ve only had it happen to me once and I think it was just a genuine mistake as there was no correlation between my address and the one written on the package.

It took me a good 30 minutes of walking to find the correct place to deliver it to as it was several streets away. I knocked on the door, explained the situation only to have a look of disgust on their face like Iā€™d stolen their parcel or something. All they said was ā€œoh, rightā€, then they shut the door on me and that was it.

All I expected in return was a simple ā€œthanksā€ but I kind of wish I hadnā€™t bothered and just dropped it off at the post office now :sweat_smile:

1 Like