Monzo Bank Statements (For Mortgages or anything else)

Okay great, thank you Mike, panic over.

Monzo should be able to help out but if not you could export the CSV into Excel and print it out in a nicely formatted document (or ask/pay someone tech-savvy to do this).

I tried that and they would have not accept it as it was not on a letter head from the bank - which is unfortunate as I spent some time formatting the CSV.

Is there any upcoming updates to have these exported (on a letter head :wink: ) and emailed to you in PDF format in the near future?

Just make a letter head :stuck_out_tongue: Monzo could probably even post one to copy onto the pages.

I never understood belief that some companies have that ‘letter head’ means anything other than ‘has enough skills to use microsoft paint’.

1 Like

EDIT: Monzo is against doing one yourself, see their answer below. Leaving my old post just for history/accountability.

Exactly, just make one - Monzo has a “press kit” with logos and stuff on their homepage, just use that.

Monzo COps will do this for you on an individual basis if you get in touch with your needs.

Longer term, statements are on the roadmap.

1 Like

Please don’t make something yourself. You really don’t want to be suspected of fraud. Ask Monzo to print off what you need and stamp it.

7 Likes

I once ordered a print out of bank statements for a mortgage application, from NatWest. After a few weeks they still hadn’t arrived, and when I chased it, they told me they’d sent them out already but to an address I’d never heard of that had never been associated to my account.
I was less than impressed.

2 Likes

Just to clarify, as @RichardR and @Feathers said if you get in touch with COps it is now possible to get a statement but these are currently manually generated so they will all be done in a batch.

3 Likes

Yep. Please don’t do this :slightly_smiling_face:

We’ll be happy to help

12 Likes

I’ve been in touch with customer support via chat today asking for a statement and they were happy to help. Although it takes a couple of days right now it is available. Monzo, as a priority I would get this up and running from the app (you probably already are) as people are increasing their usage of Monzo and will likely need statements. Just now, PayPal requested a statement to prove account ownership and proof of address.

I’m pessimistic about their reaction to seeing Monzo as I assume not all of their staff are aware of it.

1 Like

If they only allow banks that ‘their staff are aware of’ then there’s something wrong there alreday!

1 Like

Do not use Monzo as your main bank account if you want to make a Mortgage application, loan or credit applications, Visa application, proof of address… no printed copies will be accepted.

You can request a hard copy and Monzo even has a nice stamp for such purposes. :wink:

Take it you’ve applied for all of those things with a Monzo statement then? Or you just making that up.

Got everything few years ago… now I have to pay off mortgage next 25 years…
I’m not sure about Monzo statements, but I contacted Starling support about hard copy statements and they was unable to help me with it…

So is it possible to order original statements from Monzo ? From current account opening date ? Any fees?
I paid to my legacy bank for bank statements £3 or £5 per statement

Yes it’s possible, but will take a couple of days. Make sure to request a hard copy (with the stamp :wink: ) otherwise I believe they might just give you a PDF to print yourself.

Another rip-off from the banking world. A point I made in another thread, would these be the same banks that have been desperate to sign us all up to online statements for the past decade, on the pretext of ‘being green’, only to demand actual paper statements in order to assess a mortgage application, that they can then charge £5 per sheet for? Cannot wait for :monzo: Monzo to trash their business.

4 Likes

So what you said about not using Monzo is not true and you just made it up.

1 Like

I was thinking the same, this whole “paper copy” nonsense is more about keeping each other’s legacy business afloat with bullshit fees rather than fraud protection.

1 Like