Remember those of us with smaller screens!

IMG_0436IMG_0435
iPhone SE

6 Likes

Yes. Like the iPhone 4S

Can you even install Monzo on that one? I thought the 4S was stuck with an unsupported OS version.

When I sent a Monzo.me to my father, it was a mess on his iPhone 4S

I have issues on my iPhone SE.

First of all, the image of the card is weirdly right-aligned. And because my screen is ā€œso smallā€, I have to scroll down to see the buttons indicating if I have any pots. Then, if I go into the spending limits section, I get weird text overlaps.

1 Like

The alignment issue and a top menu bar is an issue on the iPhone 6 and Iā€™ve reported it already as a bug in app. You should screenshot it and send it to customer service.

https://community.monzo.com/t/little-ui-glitch/27914/9

Are you using Monzo on a 4s? Can you post screenshots?

1 Like

Iā€™m using Monzo on a 4S! Samsung Galaxy S8+ is my daily driver but am forced to use an ancient iPhone 4S we had laying around at work to use most of the functionality of Monzo, including Pots and even submitting Merchant Data! Yes itā€™s a terrible experience but so is Monzo on Android!

Can we get some official stats on screen size?

1 Like

I ran Monzo Prepay beta and Monzo CA Preview testflight versions on an iPhone 4S until late August when replaced the phone with an Android

I canā€™t do screenshots any more as I have now given away the phone to someone who hates large smartphones

1 Like

grumble grumble use relative sizing

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised you can even install the app on the iPhone 4s and 5 since they are no longer supported by Apple.

Just because a company stops supporting their older models doesnā€™t mean customers are going to upgrade a perfectly working phone

3 Likes

I agree but they canā€™t expect apps to work if the device manufacturer no longer supports it.

On the one hand I agree with this.

In the other, itā€™s a shame that weā€™re consigning perfectly usable devices to landfill because manufacturers want to sell the same thing again that is now better, faster, more expensive.

In our family, the oldies are using iPhone 4S with exception of my father whom I upgraded to iPhone 7 Plus a couple of weeks ago.

2 Likes

Screenshots as requested:

Quite a few bits work OK, you donā€™t get a lot on the screen but I suppose thatā€™s not exactly Monzoā€™s fault. Although I guess things could be a bit smaller. The Balance and Pulse take up over a third of the screen, they donā€™t need to. Thereā€™s some parts where text doesnā€™t appear properly, the ā€˜Suggest a logoā€™ screen being a perfect example of this.

But again, like I say, these annoyances are still a better experience that for those on Android.

1 Like

Thanks, interesting. A lot better than I imagined! The width is the same, so I see some of the same run-together text on my 5s (e.g. the Limits screen).

What about the security aspect of it? A device that doesnā€™t get security updates is a huge liability today (talking about iPhone 4S and earlier, and unsupported Android devices).

1 Like

iPhone 5S and SE (smaller screens) still get updates.

1 Like