Refund

please help me i bought tbe wrong package by mistake and i have asked the merchant for a refund althought my payment is still pending i tried to reverse the payment… can i stop this transaction even if they dont agree for refund…and also inhave my bank frozen whilst its pending will that help

If it’s a physical item you bought online you can return it for a refund within 14 days.

" If your item was bought online, over the phone or by mail order, as a customer you have consumer returns rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

The Consumer Contracts Regulations gives you a cancellation period that starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.

You then have a further 14 days from the date you notify the retailer that you’d like to cancel your order to return the goods to them."

1 Like

You have already authorised the payment so you wouldn’t be able to block the payment by freezing your card or contacting customer services. This is because the merchant has permission to deduct your account and send you the item as that is what you asked them to do originally.

As you now want to cancel the order, they should cancel your order before sending it and it should be refunded as normal within 7 days. It is late in the night so they may not reply to you until later in the morning. If they do post the item, as @josh7 states, you have right to return the item for a refund.

1 Like

If you bought in person you don’t have any automatic right to return or a refund if the item is not faulty (nor if it is faulty and the fault was pointed out to you) I’m afraid. In that case, a shop’s returns policy is just marketing goodwill.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.