Returned goods

Hi there,
I made a purchase today using my monzo card but had to return an Item and the store returned the purchase to my card, but it hasn’t shown up on my a/c summary yet, although when I spend it is shown almost insantly.
Why is this please.

Hi @Jericha, it’s likely that the company you’ve returned it to will take 2-3 days to actually process it.

Who was the merchant (if you don’t mind me asking)?

It was Aldi supermarket.

Yeah, my guess would be that it’ll be with you in 2-3 days or so.

As @nickh says the money can take several days to appear (sometimes up to 10 days)

When you make a purchase the money is immediately marked as unavailable and your balance reduced however the merchant doesn’t see it in their account straight away and it’s not actually transferred to the merchants bank for several days as the payments are all batched up and sent at later periods. The exact same is happening here but in reverse. The money is held pending transfer to you, the merchant can’t spend it but it takes several days before the batch processes transfer the money from merchant, to merchant acquirer to your bank and it’s then available for you to spend.

This is Aldi’s policy:

Once we have received your returned item(s) at our returns centre, we will issue a refund to the payment card you used to pay for your order. We will send you an email once your refund has been processed. Please allow 10-14 working days for the refund to show in your account, depending on your card issuer.

Hope that helps :grinning:

Thats fine, as a relatively new user I wasn’t 100% sure.

1 Like