Refund to old card

Hi all

Have recently upgraded to the Plus account so card was replaced. Since then I have had a refund to the old card which shows up in the Monzo app as rejected due to being made to a replaced card!
Surely this should automatically be accepted?
The retailer can’t update the card their end so I’m a little stuck with what to do now.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve had similar, a quick chat to the Cops and they managed to reverse it, not sure if there are timescales with card payments but sure they’ll be able to resolve :slight_smile:

Open up a chat in the app and it’s one for the Customer Service (COps) to resolve I reckon.

Ok thanks, have opened up a chat so will see what they can do

Thanks

1 Like

Often this is the quickest route - normally as a forum folk here can’t help you resolve it, just point you in the direction of the Cops or help guides :slight_smile:

1 Like

Refunds shouldn’t be rejected,

Was it from a gambling merchant and have you recently turned on the gambling block?

Anyway let us know what happens if possible , so we can help others with this issue.

1 Like

yes it was a gambling merchant but the block isnt on - it was turned off a while back now
once i hear back from Monzo i will update the thread.

Thanks

Gambling refunds are not treated the same as a normal refund, I have read something on here about it.

1 Like

I can’t see any reason why the gambling block should block gambling refunds/withdrawals.

I’m also curious as to what happens when a refund is declined (as in the OP’s case); does it go all the way back to the merchant and it’s up to them to try again, does it stay in limbo in the bank’s account (so it reached the bank but has be allocated to a customer account), or something else?

1 Like

Two birds with one stone… :smiley:

so the update from Monzo is that the merchant issued a credit rather than a refund which you cant do to an expired/replaced card.
Have contacted the merchant who just said to try it again so will no doubt find out by the morning if this has worked or not…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.