Redesigned Payment Screen (Early Preview) 👀

I think having recurring notes would be the best way to solve this issue.

• You add notes to the Direct Debit/Standing Order/pot transfer from the Scheduled section of the app in the Payments tab.

• When a Direct Debit/Standing Order/pot transfer goes out, these notes are automatically added to the feed item.

2 Likes

Am i mad or did i see a very different mockup on here on how this screen would look? :thinking:

You’re not mad. There was a very different, and imo much worse, Payments screen redesign in a Making Monzo email (think it was the November one):

1 Like

I actually much prefer the other one :grimacing:

Think it looks alot cleaner.

In saying that this one is nice too and definitely an improvement all the same

I do like the Contacts section in the old one, hopefully this has been kept.

1 Like

My other half this this and I’m still waiting. Not acceptable… Plus she does like to gloat about these things :hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

This looks fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Will all the screens/options (including requesting money) apply to joint accounts too?

3 Likes

I prefer the current layout, this does look alright though

Will there still be the option to view my contacts with a Monzo account? I quite like seeing the list grow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Like this redesign.

Not sure whether you are making this possible but it would be nice to be able to add an image in for the people who are contacts on my phone but don’t have a monzo account and also for monzo contacts that don’t have their own image in their app.

Pretty sure you’re doing this but I want to be able to add a contact in Monzo and then add their bank details to it, even if they don’t have Monzo (and then add my own image to go alongside this). At the moment the add contact button at the top right takes me to my iphone contacts book, but if the person doesn’t have monzo I can’t add them in (or can’t work out how to at least).

I would personally put the golden tickets bit at the top with the other three. Splitting this one bit up with the pictures of the contacts doesn’t flow too well.

I’d then just have the three top contacts at the bottom of the page, with their picture and name (like on the 4th screen that you shared). I’m not sure there is the real need for the sliding bit with the contacts on Monzo but if you want to keep it the bottom makes more sense to me. I would say that as you’ve got the contacts on the pay/request pages anyway, there isn’t a need for them on the main screen.

I

2 Likes

Im assuming we will have to wait for this update in order to be able to delete pending bill split requests or send reminders?

Damn! It’s getting nearer :eyes::hot_coral_heart:

There’s now data on the page :boom: and the nearby icon is back :sunglasses: (top right)

I’ve had to blur a lot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but it’s looking nice :heart_eyes: can’t wait to see more!

7 Likes

I should’ve clicked into Pay and Request, they’re nearing the state of the designs that Bruno shared :grin::grin:

Screenshot_20190309_104443 Screenshot_20190309_104516

Unlike the last time I looked, there are contacts (recents & all), it’s packed full of what you’d expect :sunglasses:

The behaviour of clicking name’s is exactly what you currently have - a button for pay and request as well as any bank details (if available)

The monzo.me screen is in a new place but the design hasn’t changed :ok_hand:

Oh and when I’m not in aeroplane mode photos do load :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I realised afterwards that I didn’t need to remain disconnected in order to keep this new screen alive (until I click into a different section of the monzo app)

What does the add a contact button at the top do? Does it still open your contacts app, or have Monzo (finally) got around to sorting contacts, too? :eyes:

2 Likes

All the the add contact buttons in the new payments screen take you to your built in contacts app :slightly_smiling_face:

Screenshot_20190309-110657

2 Likes

I’ve never understood the point of that. Kinda bummed it’s still like that.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the contacts problem? :stuck_out_tongue:

WhatsApp uses my built in contacts app, why shouldn’t / wouldn’t monzo use it? :grin:

1 Like

I guess it’s just the assumption that adding a contact/payee in a banking app means you’ll need to add they’re banking details and not hope that by just adding their number they’ll possibly be a Monzo user too.

I guess if you could add sort codes and account numbers and phone numbers to contacts it would be perfect.

I think it depends what they do with it - it’s just that in its current form it’s largely pointless.

I did hope they might try to extend the contact standards so you could include sort code and account number in your mobile / Google / Apple address books so they could be reused across bank accounts or devices, but it looks like that won’t be happening:

Instead, the half-finished(?) contacts rework seemed to suggest you could have a contact within Monzo that you could hook different accounts off of (you can kinda do that at the moment, but it’s still a pain):

It just feels messy and unfinished, imo. I’m just not sure why a button to open your contacts is useful - if you can’t put your bank details in there?

6 Likes

Yeah, this would be the ideal situation, if possible.

2 Likes