Receiving Salary from Barclays

Just to add to this, I tried/failed to setup a DD with a company that uses Barclays as their bank. I think the issue is that Barclays hasn’t updated their systems as it was showing the customer service rep that the Sort Code was not valid.

Conversely, Lloyds (when I wired money from my soon to be ex-account) correctly showed that Monzo was the recipient.

Should we be keeping a list of banks that recognise the sort code vs those that don’t?

Yes - it is here Merchants & Banks Who Don't Yet Recognise the Monzo Current Account Sort Code / Debit Card (open Wiki)

1 Like

Thanks Nick -

Geoffrey, when you add that company to the Wiki that Nick’s just shared, could you please add the company’s name, rather than Barclays, in case the issue is actually to related to the company’s out of date Sort Code database, rather than Barclays?

If Barclays wasn’t accepting Monzo’s Sort Code, I’d have expected that to have been reported by now. And as you can see, another user has reported that Barclays does accept Monzo’s Sort Code now, despite having issues initially.

It should be good to go now… 16 days ago, Vocalink hadn’t enabled the spec.

No he has the correct sort code :smile: I believe you are getting mixed up with Starling’s

1 Like

My Starling sort code is 60-83-71, am I missing something?

There are two Starling codes.

No @TomW is right! Starling has two sort codes so I deleted my post not to confuse people.

Haha. I was missing something :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.