[Q&A] Ask us about Pulse!

Just chipping in and saying I do love it, sometimes it’s predictions can be a little scary, and a little off. Not sure how it works exactly but it seems if I have a particularly high spending month it REALLY can’t handle that the next.

I really do love the graph being there though, Without it I feel the feed would appear very vanilla and bland… Nice to have a little visual to go along with it!

1 Like

Actually… we were working on some early ideas with our Lending team the other day and this came out. A simple way to give you awareness of when you might need an overdraft.

And this is just an example, there are many more things like this that we want to explore, and we need the Pulse for it :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Love it Hugo

I think one issue with the Pulse is that if you’re fortunate enough to not be worried about getting near 0 the usage isn’t that obvious for the real estate taken up.

Personally I’d like to be able to lay multiple months over the same graph so I can compare.
Even if there was just an option to compare to last month that might be useful.

Would it be possible to have confirmation of what is taken into account for the prediction currently? I’m aware that my mortgage comes out every month same day via direct debit but the graph sure isn’t. Currently the prediction does seem slightly misleading?

2 Likes

I imagine what you’ve mentioned is ideas they have thought about for the future. This is still an early stage :eyes:

I like this idea better :man_cartwheeling: :man_dancing: :upside_down_face: :eyes:

781ab4ed30f88dc099f2f3f56ab43f2ebafdd4e7

Trollol

5 Likes

I like this idea even more:

:apple: :credit_card: on :monzo: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Apple Pay FTW but we all know Ireland and the USA will get it before the UK

Trollol

4 Likes

I reckon it’s going to be before pre paid closes. They will want to use it as an incentive to get people to upgrade. Like they did with android pay.

The prepaid program’s closing on the 4th April this year -

3 Likes

And I can’t wait

2 Likes

Yes and that would tie in well if it launched say within the next month :eyes:

1 Like

Would there be an option in the future to turn off pulse? For me, I don’t see any real advantages in it. I’d rather just see a figure which tells me exactly how much I have left to spend that. I find it anything it just gets in the way.

1 Like

It sounds like you might have missed this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I find the projection part quite useful, however it’s very hard to discern when exactly my balance is forecast to hit 0.

I’ve worked out myself that each dashed line represents a day, but this coud perhaps be clearer.

Can you give an explanation as to how the forecast works? What historic data does it use (how long a period, how far back)? Does the forecast factor previous one-off large expenditures (I’d rather it not)? If I spent a lot of money yesterday, but don’t plan to for the rest of the week, will Pulse presume I will continue to spend rapidly, or purely rely on longer-term data?

2 Likes

Personally I do not see how an app can predict my spending I mean even I can’t predict that… Yes like everyone else I have set bills but I also just do no think so yeah predict that one Monzo :upside_down_face:

I guess you’re on iOS as I don’t see any dashes on Android?

AndroidCapture%20_2018-02-15-13-09-55

With sufficiently well tuned machine learning I suspect they could probably do an excellent job of it!

4 Likes

Forecast ≠ Predict

1 Like